US Shipping Addresses used by Canadian Customers

flusteredcanuck
New Community Member

I am a Canadian living in Canada, using a Canadian based Visa card for paypal payments.

I live 10 minutes from the Canada/US border and as such use a US Postal Service to receive goods I purchase online (not a PO box)

I have been using paypal since 2002

I have been using paypal to purchase goods I have found online on US websites and private vendors since 2002

At one point in time I had two addresses listed on my paypal account as "ship to" account, one a US postal service (not PO box) and my home address

I can no longer select my US postal service address as my shipping address when buying goods in the US

I can not add a US shipping address to my account because it will only permit me to select a Canadian city and province

When did this feature change and why?

What is the work around?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flusteredcanuck

You were lucky to have been able to have added it in the first place.

Paypal is country specific so normally you can't add an address from another country to that country specific paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Franco159
New Community Member

I have about the same profile, using Paypal since 2002, I had a Canadian shipping address and a Us Address for those that do not ship to Canada. Or for when shipping is about 5 times what it is to have it shipped in US.

I would just have my order shipped to Champlain, NY, and pick it up.  Declare it at the border 10 minutes later, pay the applicable taxes, that's it.

It has changed probably in the last year or so. 

It was just deleted from my account without me knowing about it.

I have been about 15 years with a primary and a secondary shipping address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.