Receiving funding

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
So, about 5 days ago I started talking to this lady who wanted to buy my shoes for $170. So we agreed that I would ship the shoes on Monday, so I did. And on Monday she sent the fundings, but she had it secured. She said that once the package was marked delivered, I would get the cash. So now it's the weekend and the package said delivered on Friday, and I been texting her over and over wondering when I will get my cash. Help?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you ship before she paid?

How did she pay, friends/famikly or goods/services?

Who did you you ship?  With tracking?

What are the details of the transaction in your account?

Is shipping information included in the transaction details?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you ship before she paid?

How did she pay, friends/famikly or goods/services?

Who did you you ship?  With tracking?

What are the details of the transaction in your account?

Is shipping information included in the transaction details?

Login to Me Too

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
Well, she said the money would come when the packaged was mark delivered. I paid through UPS and there is no money in account at the moment. Oh and thank you for feedback.
Login to Me Too

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
Well, she said the money would come when the packaged was mark delivered. I paid through UPS and there is no money in account at the moment. Oh and thank you for feedback.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is no transaction in your account, this might have been a scam.

If there is no transcation record, then there isn't much you can do.

In future, never send an item until you hae a PayPal transcation showing payment.

You could send the buyer a PayPal invoice with product details and ask for payment, but you are not likely to receive payment and you can force a recipient to pay just based on a promise to pay.

If you have more details or an online record of the payment it would help.

Login to Me Too

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email saying I got a payment, but saying she had to mark it was delivered or once it was I would get my fundings.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it was just a private email with no refence to a payment service or a PayPal transaction, there isn't much to do.

Did a sales site or payment service originate the e-mail? 

How did the person learn about the product for sale?

Login to Me Too

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
She sent the email but it said "PayPal Payment" at the top, and there's this app called "Kixify" where you can buy/sell sneakers.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

We're still missing details.

Did you have a listing on kixify?

Was the emai from PayPal or from another source.  Stating PayPal somehere on the email doesn't mean its from PayPal.

How did the buyer find the product?  Add details and a through explanation of how this all started.

Login to Me Too

Robertbarraza2
Contributor
Contributor
Okay. So on the kixify app you can look at shoes and find one you like and contact the seller. So she contacted me saying she was interested in buying, so then I got her number. We started talking to each other and then she said the cash would be in my account once it's mark delivered. So I sent her the package and it got their on Friday. I've messaged her plenty of times, but no response. There's probably nothing I can do now. But for future preference, how would you recommend I get the funding safely?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.