Refund

Manson33
Contributor
Contributor
I've never had this happen. A woman on eBay dealt with me through PayPal. I emailed her 40 or 50 dollars for a backpack. She never gets in touch with me until I finally email her and she says "it came back wrong address so emailed you the profit I made" which was 10 bucks. She then responds "sorry I'm now travelling and can't send it". That's it. Now wt frank am supposed to do!?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manson33

Oh dear Smiley Sad

''Gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.

On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Scam sellers often ask for payment that way as they know this.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manson33

What option did you use to pay?

1. Ebay checkout.

2. Paypal via send money > goods.

3. Paypal via send money > family /friends.

4. Invoice or money request.

And if you could edit your post and remove the swearing it would be good.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Manson33
Contributor
Contributor
I think I did pay to friends? I'm not even sure now 😞 Sorry the ambiguous acronym
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manson33

Oh dear Smiley Sad

''Gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.

On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Scam sellers often ask for payment that way as they know this.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Manson33
Contributor
Contributor
Wow that's a first. Well thank you. I'm not sure how to check but I'm pretty sure it was to "friends and family". I'll call my credit card. 😢
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manson33

First see if you can file a dispute, if it was sent as goods then it will let you dispute and escalate, if you did not then it won't.

File via the resolution centre in your paypal account.

If you can't then yes go to your card issuer.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.