Re: PayPal 'Here' card reader battery life

Kagan
New Community Member

I found my PayPal card reader to have a very short battery life even though it is less than one month old. I can fully charge it in the evening( have all six yellow stars on)  and the next morning only four stars were showing when I went to test again. That is without even using it. I also found that it will go totally flat within five days whilst only using it three times. This I find unacceptable from a new product and can only imagine what the battery life will be a year from now! I have a friend who is also experiencing the same issue so I think this card reader has a problem with battery life!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

vikingtone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi   Thanks for your input.  After I complained about the battery, PayPal immediately sent me a paid return package for the device, and a brand new device arrived shorly thereafter. I have charged the battery, and so far it 'seems' to be holding up.  I have not used it in a selling environment yet, as I only use the thing for sales at fairs, fetes, festivals and shows. I have a show coming up at the end of July.  I will test the thing thoroughly, and if it works out OK I will report back. If it doesn't work satisfactorily, I will again complain to PayPal, and would expect a refund.   Obviously PayPal have sourced these things on good faith, and it's highly likely that they are as frustrated by this level of performance.  It's a good thing that PayPal seem to stand by their products and services   -   I wonder what some of the other service providers would do if faced with this level of failure.  OK, Paypal can afford to eat the losses, but I would not expect them to do so for a long time  -   what's the betting there's a 'mark 2'  device in the wings....

Login to Me Too

NikGrey
New Community Member

I have had the V2 (Black) Reader for a couple of Weeks and find the Battery life to be unuseable - I fully charge the battery via USB every night but 24 Hours later it reports that it needs a Recharge !

I expected at least a week when it was sleeping - is this normal?

Im not happy as I had a customer recently who wanted to pay by Card and my Machine was, well - let's just say it had a bad day 😞

Both Myself and My Customers expect more from Paypal..

NikGrey.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.