Larry Cloth Scam

Tina102
New Community Member

So I feel incredibly stupid. I fell for a scam.  We are on a very limited budget and my son sent me a link for a camera he wanted from a site called larrycloth.com.  I noticed it looked like a clothing store and not electronics, but it was so reasonable I ordered it.  As soon as I did, I felt sick and started doing some research - it looks like a total scam.  The payment message thing on here said too late its completed - contact seller.  I feel so sick. Its $93 that I don't have to spend again if this is a scam. Anyone else deal with this site?

Login to Me Too
101 REPLIES 101

Sassylynzey
Contributor
Contributor
Did you speak to an actual person from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Gailmarks18
Contributor
Contributor
No. The email said I needed to file a police report (which is a little excessive and extremely inconvenient) to move forward
Login to Me Too

Gailmarks18
Contributor
Contributor
No, the email said I had to file a police report (which is extremely inconvenient) to move forward
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke to a guy and he wouldn’t put me on with the boss they gave me a bogus website service at PayPal let me tell you they don’t respond nothing it’s a big fat joke I think PayPal should be brought down when Larry cough gets brought down because they’re aware of the situation and taking our money
Login to Me Too

Stefsims01
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, my boyfriend and I were also scammed by LarryCloth.com
My initial online dispute was denied. However, I did go to the post office and obtain the full history to include a delivery address which was not mine. I then called and spoke to a live person provided the facts. Refrenced this thread and PayPal did appeal the initial decision and side in my favor. My advice. Patience and have your facts ready. Paypal refunded my money within minutes of speaking to a live representative.
Login to Me Too

frankh24
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. I made a dispute with PayPal and they denied the claim twice. I figured I was safe since I thought PayPal protected buyers from this sort of thing but apparently I was wrong.
Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
Well best way to do it is probably have a lawyer try to order one and see what PayPal does
Login to Me Too

Wifey205
New Community Member
Can we get our money back?? The transaction is no longer on our pay pal.. just realized it today that it was a scam when I called the post office and they told me the tracking number was to something else
Login to Me Too

jimqjp
Contributor
Contributor

Larry Cloth is a Sram web site!

I ordered a KitchenAid Mixer for a very attractive price. They sent a USPS track # in the transaction account for a first class mail package to my home town. The track# showed that the package was put into the receivers mail box. I did not received the package. I winder they intended to sent a wrong address to the same town. The USPS track# info does not show detailed receiver name and address.  

I am very sure that is not the Mixer I ordered. The USPS first class package is only up to 13 OZ - the mixer is at least weight 10 lbs.

I opened a case for not received package. Paypal rejected the case almost immediately (by robot?) saying that the seller can provide tracking info. 

I guess all the people may have the same experience, having a tracking number and delivered info, but not really received the package. US
PS usually has very slow reaction to track the package.  

I will call Paypay tomorrow and will update the result.

Login to Me Too

Jeanettecf01
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder how they’re making up a fake USPS account I think the post office needs to get involved that is a federal offense
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.