Would I win a "Item Not Delivered" dispute without proof-of-delivery for a $2200 sale?

jonatanr819
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer purchased a $2200 item from me on Friday the 5th. Tracking marked delivered Monday the 9th, I specifically paid for 2-Day Shipping. Buyer messages me until Friday 13th saying it's not delivered. I have a picture of the package before I sent it out, and I still have my reciept, both of which I sent to him on the 5th.  

He messaged me saying that tracking hadn't been updating, and I responded within 10 minutes showing him that, yes, tracking did indeed work. He said he tried contacting me three times, and when I asked him for the messages, he failed to prove he did. He requested fast shipping but only remembered about his 2 grand purchase a week later. 

I have no signature confirmation, just tracking and my reciept. Would PayPal side with me without signature confirmation, or would they side with him despite the holes in his story?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello @jonatanr819,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If a buyer states they have not received an item they bought, we would request a tracking number from the seller to show if the item has been delivered. If it shows it has been delivered to the buyers address, we would deny the claim.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.