Help Assistance with Seller Protection

Eternity1908
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for reviewing and giving feedback.  Please describe your experience with Seller Protection.  I sold an item that was posted in a FB Resell Page.  The item had pictures, described the flaws and gave plenty of details around the condition of the bag.  The buyer then personal messaged and asked for more pictures and specific areas of pictures.  All pictures and videos were sent upon the request of the buyer.  The item was described as Good Used Condition and stated to ask all questions and ask for any additional pictures or videos as it was a final sale.  The invoice listed as Final Sale and All Sales Final and No Refunds.

Once the buyer received the item, they stated that they did not realize the condition was as described and asked for a refund.  I did not agree as the pictures and video completely described the item.  The buyer then opened a claim with paypal, stating item was not as "described" - no pictures or proof, just a statement.  Paypal then asked for my side, in which I provided pictures of the what was sent and the conversation via messenger.  Paypal then asked the buyer to return the item.  I called paypal and did not want the item returned as it was All Sales Final/No Refund.  They still moved forward with the return.  The buyer has since been refunded the full amount, I am out of pocket the shipping fees, selling fees and the $15 dispute fee.  I am not happy about any of it and feel like I have no recourse as a seller.  Paypal closed the appeal claim as I did receive the item back in the same condition I sent it - but that was not what I wanted, the item was sold as is.

What protection as sellers do we really have?  This has been a terrible experience as it seems that buyers can change their mind, write a statement with no proof and return an item.

Outside of refraining from using paypal, how can I have seller protection moving forward.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eternity1908 

Sadly paypals policies override your no refunds policy.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers as paypal never see the item in question.

So they tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to your first before you have to refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eternity1908
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! It is so frustrating that you spend time and money to ship and then it can be returned with just words. It is really any purpose describing the item on the invoice or even saying all sales are final/no refund. That seems to be if they agree to pay, they should agree to the terms.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.