Debit Card

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I know that the MasterCard is a debit card. I’m trying to get a prepaid card for a gift but without monthly fees. If the recipient sets up a PayPal account and gets the debit card, then I can transfer funds to them for use with the card with no monthly fees or load fees, right?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Yes, if the recipient opens a PayPal account and gets a PayPal cash debit card, you can transfer funds to their PayPal account. Then funds can be accessed with the PayPal cash card.

There are load fees though the card though:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/bundle/fees

Or you can continue to send money to recipient's PayPal account for them to access with the debit card. Or they can link their own bank account to their PayPal account to add funds to the PayPal balance for free and use the PayPal cash debit card to access the cash, too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Yes, if the recipient opens a PayPal account and gets a PayPal cash debit card, you can transfer funds to their PayPal account. Then funds can be accessed with the PayPal cash card.

There are load fees though the card though:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/bundle/fees

Or you can continue to send money to recipient's PayPal account for them to access with the debit card. Or they can link their own bank account to their PayPal account to add funds to the PayPal balance for free and use the PayPal cash debit card to access the cash, too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Thank you. I’m really in shock about the fees. I can send her money for no fees for both of us. When researching preloaded and no monthly fee cards, PayPal isn’t listed in the major websites that show this information. Either the other ones pay for referrals or people don’t research carefully.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.