Compatible Devices

cc85050
New Community Member
I have been using PayPal here for a couple of months now. All of a sudden my chip reader is acting up and randomly the app crashes on my Samsung Note 5. So embarrassing when I am trying to take care of customers. Now it will not even open!! Help! What devices are compatible? And if I get one that is, will it randomly just not work anymore?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @cc85050,

Apologies for the delay and sorry to hear you are having problems with the reader. The PayPal Here app and card reader are compatible with iPhone, iPad and most Android tablets and phones. Your mobile device needs to meet the following criteria:

• iOS devices (iPhone 3GS and later) running iOS version 7.0 and later
  • Android devices running 4.0 or later, Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) and support both capturing devices and peripheral card readers via Serial Port Profile (SPP).

Please make sure you have updated to the latest version of the app and also try 'forgetting' the reader from the device and re-connecting. Hope this helps, 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.