Improperly Notified of Bill and Fee's

tdo90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've been a PayPal member for 11 years now and may have only had a total 2 serious issues with my account in 11 years. I am very active on PayPal. This month I discovered a past due credit bill from earlier this year. I check my PayPal app often for bills but this year I didn't notice the bills listed where I usually do. I discovered this may be because I no longer use the app to save storage space and use the browser on my phone. I also don't have any messages to read in my account in reference to overdue bills when I view my account from my browser on my phone. I received calls and voicemails in March. I receive a lot of calls from 1-800 numbers, usually spam. The voicemails do not start from the beginning, they start towards the end of the message. The message only mentioned to call PayPal for further service. Because of the incomplete message and unexpected phone call, I didn't understand why the voicemail would be incomplete, so I thought the calls were spam. It wasn't until this month I received emails to my personal email address from Synchrony Bank referring to my bill, at this point my bill is a couple months over due. I work with a lot of IT people, and we are trained not to open emails that look suspicious. I have to say, an email coming from Synchrony bank, stating I owe PayPal, looks suspicious, and as I mentioned I only received an email this month. All my other emails regarding my PayPal account, come from PayPal. I was charged late fee's and my credit score dramatically decreased. It appears PayPal tried to reach out to me via phone and voicemail, and this month's email. Due to the fact, the 1-800 number came across as spam, and a partial voicemail with zero mention of my bill was left, I was left without proper notification of my bill. When I log on my account from my phone using a web browser, the bills section of the page appears to be hidden, and there were never alerts or messages showing in my account about a past due bill. 

I did some reading about credit scores and late payments. I read that it is possible for a company to remove the report of the late payments if it was found the reason for the late payments could be forgiven. This way the customer's credit score will not be affected by the incident.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.