paypal credit cancelled my autopay that i had for ages and reversed my payment

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

on 9/20/23 my payment was made and got the notification that it was successful on 9/21/23. My account is setup with autopay and has been for many years. once i got the notification on 9/21/23, i called paypal credit for payment allocation. 5 minutes after i was done with the call, i got an email from paypal saying that my autopay was cancelled, payment was reversed, and I may be charged a fee. I got worried and notified paypal and paypal credit. they have no idea what's going on and started pointing fingers at each other. I spent about 10 hours in total withing 24 hours with no resolution. 

Paypal nor Paypal credit is not helping me out at all. What can i do? At this point I may have to close my account permanently. I just want to finish paying off my paypal credit and remove this nighmare for good.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

Your auto pay was canceled
Your auto pay has been canceled due to issues with your funding account.
This month's payment has been returned and was not applied to your account. You’ll need to re-enroll to continue using auto pay.

I go to make payment or setup auto pay and I get this

Sorry, there was a technical error.

Please try again later.

Plus this has been going on since 9-18-2023 or maybe longer. But it isn't their problem it is your bank not US!!!

I have been using this same bank account on eBay and PayPal for over 20 yrs.

Plus you ready for this the one women I talk to today said they are having technical problem and are trying to fix.

Plus I got charge a $30 late Fee too!!!

Login to Me Too

shmeeny
New Community Member
I just woke up to this same issue. I've had autopay forever and somehow it stopped and now they're telling me I'm late on my payment. When I try to pay it tells me there is a technical error. When I try to set up autopay again there is a technical error. Somehow their system is having an issue but it's my fault? This seems like fraud.
Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

The technical error has been here from the 9-18-23. There is a topic on this. Plus they had a put $30 fee for the return check. That since is gone away because, I think they know it isn't the banks problem it is their problem.

When I talk PayPal credit the woman told me they are having some technical problems. The one I like when I pay the payment I could use a debt card / credit card. When I was talking to the lady. When I tried to do that on the automation phone call it said I couldn't use a debt card / credit card.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @dmdilks, @oneangrycusomer and @shmeeny

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear that you've all run into issues while paying to PayPal Credit. It could be an ongoing issue. I recommend you to contact PayPal team to get your information added to any of the open ticket of PayPal Credit to aid the technical team in resolving this issue. You can check this article for the contact options to reach the team. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

They got it back working again. Now we see if the auto pay works on the 25th of this month. Plus like I said they knew the were having technical issues. They lady I talk to told me that they were a where with it.

Login to Me Too

chealsea
Contributor
Contributor

It just happened to me again this month, so the fix didn't last long apparently 😞

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

i thought it was working as well. did setup autopay and not working again.

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

paypal credit support team and paypal are useless. they have no idea what is going on. i'm just paying off my balance and closing my account. 

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

yup def fraud i'm seriously done with them. paypal credit needs to shut down for good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.