Paypal SDK not loading in Safari 16.6

gweller22
New Community Member

Following some reports of issues for mac / iOS users i have identified that the paypal js sdk is not loading in the latest version of Safari 16. This is effecting multiple sites all using the SDK and has been confirmed on multiple sandbox devices. The network request to anything on `https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=.....` all just hang with no response int he browser. If directly accessed then there will be a response but not thought the src tree on the site.

This issue seems to only effect Safari 16.6, and seems to work in Safari 16.5 & Safari 17 so is only going to be a temporary issue, but as this is the current stable release this is going to cause some problems.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

OJSoftware
New Community Member

I am having the same problem again and again since month. I use Safari always, but when I have to pay with PayPal I very often have then to switch to Chrome to be able to pay.

Currently I am having the same problem and I really dislike the fact that I have to fill the basket again in Chrome. Apple is a big company, PayPal ist a big company, why does this problem remain for so long.

I am currently on a MacBook Air M1, Safari Version 1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]11.14), Sonoma 14.4.1

So everything is up to date and payment with Paypal opens an empty window.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.