Account Limited more than 180 Days

AlfredoLauw
New Community Member

Greetings sir/ma'am I'm Alfredo and I want to let you know that over 6 months ago my PayPal account got limited and says your account would be held for 180 days, which after 180 days my account is still limited, I need the money, maybe I can give you some information data about my document, now I'm about to turn 19 yo this month, my uncle lived in Canada sent me money to Pay Pal, so I tried to send the money to my bank account in Indonesia, but I got limited over 6 months ago, my uncle name Patrick [removed] who sent me money you can see the history, everyone told me to email the representative to get my money back, because I really need that money or funds in my account Alfredo [removed] , here is the photo of getting limited by Paypal, please recover my account, so we could use the funds as it says 180 days, I hope this will let you know and give me a help, thank you for your time This is my Reference ID: PP-L-401341313525 Account name: Alfredo [removed]

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlfredoLauw 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside. You also have to wait for the Paypal email to say that you are eligible to withdraw the funds.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AlfredoLauw 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside. You also have to wait for the Paypal email to say that you are eligible to withdraw the funds.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

makavelly
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal just steals money from customers, forget about your money after 180 days!!!! This is a CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION !!!!!

Login to Me Too

dalavere
Contributor
Contributor

Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding Account Restriction

Dear PayPal Customer Service Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you regarding a pressing issue with my PayPal account that requires immediate attention.

Recently, my account was restricted following a transaction where I received a payment and attempted to transfer it to a friend. Despite promptly verifying my identity upon the initial restriction, my account was inexplicably restricted once again. Subsequently, I resubmitted my identification documents only to receive an email moments later stating that my account has been permanently closed.

I must express my frustration with PayPal's policies, which seem to lack coherence and transparency. It appears evident that PayPal's artificial intelligence system is not adequately updated, resulting in numerous individuals being unjustly barred from utilizing the platform due to errors beyond their control.

Efforts to contact customer service have proven futile as I am unable to connect with a representative either via phone or messaging channels. Even attempts to reach out through the messaging feature within my account have been unsuccessful. It is disheartening to encounter such obstacles, especially considering that I initially opened a PayPal account to facilitate seamless transactions among friends.

At present, my account holds a balance of $1,882.87 USD, which I am unable to withdraw or transfer. I want to emphasize that there have been no irregular activities associated with my account. I implore you to either reinstate communication with me to facilitate the submission of further documentation or lift the restriction on my account altogether.

It is disconcerting to witness PayPal, a platform that purportedly champions entrepreneurship, hindering the progress of aspiring entrepreneurs like myself. I kindly request your prompt intervention to rectify this matter and restore access to my account.

Your urgent attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive payments. Funds in your balance will be held for 120 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about withdrawing your funds.

Reference ID: PP-L-464758899262

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dalavere 

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dalavere
Contributor
Contributor
I tried during working hours on weekdays and it never connected. I call PayPal by phone and they do not answer. I live in paypal nl. They should contact me by mail.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dalavere 

Actually they often do not reply once you are no longer their customer as you have been permanently banned from using paypal.

So they don't have to contact you at all. However if you are eligible to withdraw any funds you would receive a Paypal email authorising you to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dalavere
Contributor
Contributor
It was closed as a result of an error. I want to appeal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dalavere 

🤷‍

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.