Banbain Trade Co., Limited. Scam?

malcarive
New Community Member

Very deceiving selling tactics!

They charge me $30 for shipping a $39 item . The sender address is not the return address. The return address is not on their website. Their online name  is Comstylish, but in your paypal receipt it comes as Banbain. So you need to spend some time finding out this info on your own. More confusion.  The site says you have to pay shipping to return an item, BUT it doesn't say the price is very high! By the time you finally contact their Costumer service, they send you this message:

Uh-oh. I sincerely apologize for giving you an unpleasant shopping experience.

Please trust your first choice. This product has a high sales volume in our company and has several advantages:

First: The price is high cost-performance.

Second: Customer evaluation is good.

Third: The buyback rate is high.

If you need to return or replace the product, you need to pay high freight to return the product, and the refund cycle is long.

It's a better choice to keep it.

I see so many complains in this forum. Paypal should drop this vendor!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcarive 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hlpme
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I just got scammed by BanbainTrade co. Have found it impossible to contact them, much less cancel the order, that item is not the item I ordered.  Charged over 30 percent tax.  Crooked. PayPal please do something about this company, they have many complaints for the same things. 

Login to Me Too

FedUpCP
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to get my money back from this company for over a month.  I ordered three sweaters for my sons for Christmas on December 7th.  They indicated they would be in NC before Christmas.  The advertisement sold them as Italian made, and I received an initial shipment notice showing them coming from Italy.  Then, it changed to China!  When it was getting close to Christmas and I didn't get anything and ended up having to purchase replacement gifts, I quickly started a report through Paypal since I had received a message from the company that "I had to exercise patience".  I just received 2 of the 3 sweaters the other day, and they are NOTHING like the photos.  I have escalated the matter...and still no money back.  

Banbain is a fraud and should be removed from Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @FedUpCP

Thanks for stopping by PayPal's Community Forum. I can understand not receiving the item you ordered can be quite concerning. If you had originally opened the case as an Item not Received dispute, please make sure you update it to a Significantly not as Described case. That way, you can state you received only 2/3 of the sweaters and they were not what was advertised. You should be able to update the case type in your Resolution Center. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support teams if you run into any hiccups along the way. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

FedUpCP
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the advice; I have changed the escalation.

Login to Me Too

Mlfresquez
New Community Member

I never received my package and they're running circles around me. they keep directing me to seller even though i ordered from Peackfeather.  both scams it looks like 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Mlfresquez

Welcome! Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community! 

I understand you never received your item, and you've been directed to speak with the merchant. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've encountered.  Before filing a dispute, we do recommend you work with the merchant first. If you don't receive a response, please visit this Help Center article to file a dispute using PayPal's Purchase Protection Policy

After filing a dispute, you'll have 20 days to reach a resolution with the merchant before the case automatically closes. If you don't reach a resolution, please escalate the dispute to a claim. If the case automatically closes without being escalated, it cannot be reopened, and you would need to look into options outside of PayPal.

I hope you receive your package or a refund soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

ShenMan
New Community Member
Agree, unreliable delivery plus a draconian return policy. Shoddy product is an understatement. BS is much closer to the reality.
Login to Me Too

Tattytails
Contributor
Contributor

I too am surprised with the level of unhappy customers. What is more alarming is the claims they make and get away with. They say they are a USA company sending from the USA. Hubby received an incomplete order from china and said if he had have known it was from china, he never would have ordered (due to the lack of consumer laws in that country). It's been a fight with them to the point we have now asked for our money back. They had a drop down menu, "buy x3 get x1 free" that put the items in the checkout box. Hubby needed x4 to make his project work. We were sent x3, on USA postage postage prices mind you, not what they pay by way of postage in china. Its been a fight to get the last item. They wanted another lot of excessive postage to send the forgotten item. Blamed us for not putting x4 items in the check out box but the drop down menu put the total in the check out box, putting x4 would have charged us for x4 items. After trying to fight with them we have now asked for our money back and I am prepared to send the other items back out of principle. They have also changed their website after blaming us to hide their deceitful tactics after we put in a dispute. Nightmare to deal with. Cheap crappy items too. Not what you expect

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.