PayPal is a scam

maxb128
Contributor
Contributor

I opened my PayPal account in 2013 but at this point, its a pure scam with many real alternatives.

1. Even though my preferred payment method is set to a different account, they insist on trying to charge a closed bank account which I can not remove due to "an error" and even after contacting support, they simply tell me they will remove it but don't.

2. Since they can not take money from this account, they count it against my non-existent PayPal balance

3. They charge me INTEREST while I am disputing the PayPal balance due to their own incompetence

4. After THREE requests to ensure that my current bank account is charged, they change the preferred method to my Revolut card 

5. They charge my EUROPEAN Revolut card for my EUROPEAN transactions in US DOLLARS, incurring absurd exchange rates on every transaction

6. Following no help from PayPal, Revoluts support kindly points me in the right direction and I change the currency of the card from EUR to USD which immediately changes back to USD when I return to the home page...

7. They force me to pay their €1,98 PayPal balance that only exists because of their incompetence before I can close my account.

Honestly, I don't know what happened to PayPal in the past years but with so many alternatives out there, anyone using this "financial service" is jeopardising their money.

An absolute scammy platform that needs to be investigated for its scammy pracitises.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.