Paypal Dispute Nightmare

jaedon1
New Community Member

Context: This is what I uploaded to paypal dispute center describing the ordeal in detail. I have not added the screenshots here as they have some personal information.
On April 13th I purchased two tickets to the Celtics NBA Finals Home Game 3. Immediately after purchasing, and not beforehand, I was made aware the tickets could be delivered as late as June 10th. In this same email you can see the exact tickets I purchased, “TBD at Boston Celtics (NBA Finals - Home Game 3)(Date TBD)(If Necessary), Section VIP11, Row B(1st screenshot). I emailed them four minutes later and asked for the tickets to be delivered as I was worried the seller would field higher offers until they release my tickets(2nd screenshot), which btw is what they are doing now. The same day, four hours later I received an email from Ticket City stating my tickets were ready to be accepted. This email listed the correct game, NBA Finals Home Game 3.(3rd screenshot) Then I got an email from Ticket Master, the platform which the tickets are actually sent on. This email had the INCORRECT game listed. The incorrect tickets that were actually sent to me are for “East Conf Finals: TBD at Celtics Rd 3 Hm Gm 3”(4th Screenshot). As you can see, they sent tickets to the WRONG game but for the same section, row, and seat number as I had actually purchased. Again, I purchased tickets to NBA Finals NOT the Eastern conference finals. The difference in value between these two products is over $10,000, THEY ARE NOT MATERIALLY SIMILAR IN ANY MANNER. After getting this email with the wrong tickets I called ticketcity. It took over a week and hours of phone calls before they escalated my case to upper management. Ticketcity recognized that the tickets I was sent were incorrect and said they would contact the vendor immediately. After doing so, I received yet another email from ticketcity with the correct game and information, similar to what happened previously. This email listed “TBD at Boston Celtics (NBA Finals - Home Game 3) (Date TBD) (If Necessary)” and everything else was according to my actual purchase(5th screenshot). When I clicked the link that was embedded in the email in order to accept the tickets, it made me auto accept the tickets and they WERE NOT the correct tickets. They were the same incorrect tickets which were sent to me previously, for Eastern Conference Finals not NBA finals(6th screenshot). As you can see the seller has tried to send me tickets to the WRONG game but correct seat number and section, clearly trying to dupe both me and Ticketcity. They literally have the CORRECT tickets that I have actually paid for listed both on Ticketcity and other ticket websites. They are sending me the wrong tickets while they field higher offers for the correct ones(7th and 8th screenshot) .I immediately called Ticketcity and they recognized that I was sent the INCORRECT tickets for a SECOND time and offered me a $1,000 coupon in ticket credit, knowing they are at fault and I have been receiving the incorrect tickets. I explained how the seller sent the the wrong tickets which look similar but are worth over $10,000 less and they said that the seller has until JUNE 15th to send me the correct tickets or I will be “taken care of”. They did not even say they will refund me if I do not get the correct tickets. After the phone call I received an email about the new delivery date and an email about the coupon(9th and 10th screenshot). June 15th is insane. The event is for June 17th and I bought the tickets months in advance with hopes of planning a trip, now I dont even know if the seller is going to release my tickets or find a higher offer. Not to mention it was not made aware to me before purchasing that the tickets would be deliverable as late as June 15th, and there is proof of this by me objecting an even earlier delivery date only minutes after my order was placed. The seller is actively trying to deceive me by sending tickets to the Eastern Confrence finals with the same seat and section number as the tickets which I actually purchased for the NBA finals. 

Paypal closed this case the first time without ever reaching out to me. I came to find out that the first set of screenshots I uploaded were blurry and unreadable, but rather than reach out to me to get new ones they simply closed the case. Not one has a paypal rep reached out for more info about the case or any proof to dispute things the vendor may be saying. One rep told me the vendor told paypal that I was refusing to return the incorrect tickets which is beyond me. I have made it clear many times to the vendor that I would like to return the incorrect tickets and get a refund for the original ones. Paypal is just taking the sellers side here over and over while I am clearly being scammed. The site I bought these tickets through has a 1.29/5 star review on Better Business Bureau with tons of complaints just like mine. I really wish I knew what I was getting into before I bought these tickets. Chargeback, which virtually every human rep at paypal recommended because they see how horrible this situation is, is not an option as most of the purchase was made with paypal balance. I need help so bad!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.