Scammers

Omegia300
New Community Member
Ok I have wierd question. I was scammed out of money by an account that was supposedly hacked. Just curious if there is anyway to trace this money trail. First let me say it was converted into euros so I suppose it was overseas. When I found I was scammed I emailed the party through email associated with account and reply came back from a 31 year old female from florida. Now I am not sure but doesn't account have to have valid email to transfer money or can you just hack any account and use your own bank info if your a hacker. Seems kinda wierd that when I sent email to that paypal account I got message back from person saying same name on account and it was hacked. If account was hacked how is it hacker still using this email? Another thing is i don't understand why this transaction can't be traced. I know it's my fault for being stupid and sending money without Thoroughly checking all info on this hacker and also sending as family. Just wiah I could get my money back as I am depressed about getting taken advantaged of. I learned a valuable lesson.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.