Why are password requirements restrictive?

beardboy61
New Community Member

PayPal software has restrictions on passwords that make them easier to hack.  In today’s multi core processors, I should be able to create a password using any combination of numbers, letters (regular case, Capitals, and even those used in foreign languages keyboards, along with ANY character from any language.  An example would be to use both English and Chinese letters and characters mixed in together to create one virtually unhackable password.  As a former Information Warfare Technician in the US Navy, one of our jobs was to hack into different Commands to discover weak passwords that sailors often.  And we would find plenty.  No matter how many times people have to be told to make complicated passwords, they don’t, but then complain if they get their information compromised.  Your account password restrictions have made hackers’ jobs much easier

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bushy555
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree. Having a 20 character limit just dumbfounded me today when I discovered this.

Paypal need a face slapping immediately - talk about a secure risk.
If I want a 400 bit password, then give me the option to have it !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.