Not able to transfer the funds to the card.

KostaAPK
Contributor
Contributor

Every time I try to withdraw money I get "There's a problem. We're not able to transfer the funds to your bank". I have had this problem for more than a year. It started when I switched banks and cards (I went from VISA to MasterCard). I've verified my account and the card. I'm from Serbia. I did not change countries or whatever like I've seen to be the case sometimes with these errors. I don't have weird transactions (I get a smaller payment once every few months). I've tried clearing cache and cookies, I've tried different browsers, I changed my PC in the meantime even. I've tried waiting, heck, this has been prevalent for more than a year. I've tried everything I've seen written on other posts, the problem still remains. The only thing out of place on my account seems to be the timezone that is set to -7 instead of +1 but I don't have the option of changing that. Other than that, everything else is regular, everything worked before with my old bank/card, so idk where the problem lies. My bank says the problem is not on their side.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KostaAPK 

In some countries you can only withdraw to a credit visa. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KostaAPK
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassIn Serbia, both VISA and MasterCard should work according to several banks where I've found this info.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KostaAPK 

ok but it may have to be a credit not debit card?

OR it may be you have to withdraw to a bank account?

Also make sure the billing address of the card is the same as your paypal account name.

Lastly make sure the funds in your balance are in the correct currency as your withdrawal source can accept.

https://www.paycec.com/faq/is-paypal-available-in-serbiadoes-paypal-work-in-serbia

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KostaAPK
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
According to my bank, it can be a debit card. My previous Visa card was debit as well. I don't think it's possible to link a bank account to paypal in Serbia yet due to our country's laws, so we can only use cards for now. The address on my card and paypal match.
I didn't fully understand the paragraph about withdrawing money from a link you've sent me though.
Btw, thank you for your effort!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KostaAPK 

Strange because that link + the moderators answer on this thread states you can only withdraw to a bank account (not card) in Serbia?

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions-Archives/Withdrawal-for-Serbia/m-p/2914014#:~:text=...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KostaAPK
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassOk weird, but thank you for that, I guess we're on to something 😂
Now I have even more questions though 😂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.