PayPal balance dispute

Kylesnew
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I paid for 2x transactions out of my PayPal balance over a week ago. Last night, PayPal tried to then take these transactions out of my bank, resulting in a negative balance in my PayPal. How would I go about fixing this? I’m 100% certain they came off my balance, otherwise how would they have approved? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kylesnew 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kylesnew
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I understand that. But I’m also a seller and had funds in my ‘PayPal balance’. Both of these transactions have the description of ‘deducted from PayPal balance’ and they have definitely been taken off my balance but then also withdrawn from my bank account a week later. So it’s like a duplicate transaction has happened. I will give them a call anyways, thanks for the reply.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.