HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

smallseller

I am a very small seller, with most of my items under $40.  I sell a few things to make ends meet, and often transfer the money from my PayPal account into my checking account just in time to get a few groceries.  This is my only source of emergency money since my savings have been lost and my husband unemployed. 

I think it's extremely unfair of PayPal to hold funds when I have received nothing but 100% excellent seller ratings and I go the extra mile to keep in contact with my customers and ensure that they are satisfied.  When I had a dish break (1 of 3 in the package broke), I paid for a new dish and shipping to make my customer happy.  I have gift wrapped packages for birthdays, and shipped out packages Priority and with insurance (out of my own pocket) to ensure timely and safe deliveries.  I feel like I've had a HUGE slap in the face by eBay and PayPal with these new policies.  I have done everything right to make this work so that I've earned a few extra dollars each month, and eBay and PayPal have made money off of these transactions.

Honestly, if I'm trying to transfer $40 from PayPal to buy some mac and cheese for the week, or shift $60 into my checking account to cover my car insurance payment, and PayPal really needs to hold my piddling money to make interest, what is right here?  Morally, this is just wrong.  

I am going to rethink my selling forum and payment methods.  I just don't want to do business with entities devoted to sheer greed.

Login to Me Too

mcliff68
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a hold put on MY paykments from Ebay and I agree with all the people here who think this not only unfair but may be illegal as well.  "MOVING ON" as you suggest in your post reflects the attitude in this county that has caused the political and financial mess that we are all facing now. IF SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT......YOU WORK TO CHANGE IT!!  Thank God our forefathers didn't have your attitude or we'd all be speaking with an english accent or possibly even german!

Login to Me Too

mcliff68
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Skier!

"SOME people don't agree with this policy"???? Perhaps you should read the posts and especially take note of the number of people writing and complaining about this POLICY!!! I would say that over 40,000 concerned and angry people is more that "some" and I'm willing to bet.......it's more than enough people to create more than just a LITTLE problem for EBAY/PAYPAL in the future! You may be looking for a new job soon! I'd be trying to make my posts seems a little more understanding if I were you.......you may need us in the future!!!

Login to Me Too

momofsix
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously What would you do if your employer said were sorry we think you might spend YOUR PAYCHECK so were going to hold it from you.....for 21 days!  Isn't that the whole idea of selling so you have money to spend...?       HELLO I HAVE A FAMILY OF 8 TO FEED, A MORGAGE AND BILLS...if your so worried about us not having enough to cover a refund... how is holding the money going to allow a refund....I dont know about you but i'd be ticked if i had to wait 21 days to get my refund... If it wasnt for all these sellers you wouldnt have a paycheck.. Right ..?     Dont bite the hand that feeds you

Login to Me Too

raemad
Contributor
Contributor

you are one of thoes people,who dont jay-walk and brush after every meal, aren't you? Or you're so rich,  the new choaking smothering rules don't even effect you...you're usually at the golf course...or on a cruise...The new rules ARE OUTRAGOUS! Have you EVER thought ANY rule was bad, or has your family been in the police department for 4 generations? ALL RULES ARE GOOD OR THEY WOULDNT BE THERE-THEY ARE FOR ALL OF US!  HA! Take a break from the Moet Champaign and take a look around at how hard EVERYTHING has become-EVEN EBAY and PAYPAL for peat sake! They were meant TO HELP US-POWER changes people...and BUSINESSES!!! BOY HOWDY!..now all they want to do is HOLD our money for as long as they can, to USE it- to have control of it  for as long as possiable- for investing thier MANY money making ventures..We are GIVING them a loan which WE have to PAY THEM to give it to them to use as they please for over a month! Something is really rotten in Denmark, AND USA!!!! I think it's initials are PP and EB...or paypay, as one smart girl wrote! OH WELL-they rule, we follow the ruler....no where to run, no where to hide..

Login to Me Too

Dano27
Contributor
Contributor

Follow these steps to remove “payment holds” from your account (please note if your item has not been delivered these steps will not work).

1)      Log-in to paypal and click ‘help’ (located at the top right corner of the site)

2)      Then click on ‘Contact Us’ (located at the bottom right corner of the site)

3)      Directly under the title ‘Email Us’ is a link labeled ‘Send us’, click this link.

4)      Fill this in with the appropriate info (don’t go into detail on your issue at this time, just vaguely create a sentence that sums up your problem)

5)      Afterwards you will receive an email that’s labeled something like this ‘Auto-Response Payment Status  (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) ppk1’ from the a specific email address (i'm not allowed to post the exact address on these forums for some reason) .

6)      Reply to this address and give this information:

a)      Paypal transaction ID #

b)      Shipping provider (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc.)

c)       Tracking # for the item

d)      And then describe in full detail the situation of your transaction.

7)      If you’ve met Paypal’s requirements for hold release, then they will lift the payment holds.

You may have to do this per transaction.

Hope this helps - Dan

Login to Me Too

nubian
Contributor
Contributor

Dan,

You are one of the few.

Help me in my post.

I'm trying to start something new on the internet.

I think I've been taken for a ride though.

Even so I'm really goning to work at it.

I just need to clear up my old paypal account issue before I move on.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

OMG, I just looked at this information below, and then I saw the date. These HOLDS have been going on for over a year??? Why are some of us just now affected? I don't fit into their list of things we can do 'wrong'. I am referencing what I read on eBay's reasons for Paypal's holds. A YEAR or maybe more?? Guess that tells us there is no hope. 

Dano27, your instructions are very much appreciated, but if we can't fund our shipping, we can't ship to get our holds lifted. Do you have any other ideas of how we can stop these holds? I understand completely if a seller has really done something to deserve this, but how with an across the board 4.9 with one 5.0 can I be one of these whose funds are held?? One thing I did notice is they also think if our buyers don't leave fb, that is a red flag. WHAT?? Some buyers just don't even if you ask them nicely or if you leave theirs first. They just don't see the need or the importance this is for our eBay record.

Do you realize what I am saying here..."for our eBay record". What a joke. We are working for eBay for sure. We have to not only please our customers but we have to please eBay in whatever weird way they perceive as us being 'a risk' which is what this appears to be about....or they are simply culling out the little seller. I was away this past month and had only one sale. It was $220, but that didn't matter. Would have been better if I had 30 at 7. a piece apparently. Yes, they do look at these things. I just read it AGAIN.  

Dano27 wrote:

Follow these steps to remove “payment holds” from your account (please note if your item has not been delivered these steps will not work).

1)      Log-in to paypal and click ‘help’ (located at the top right corner of the site)

2)      Then click on ‘Contact Us’ (located at the bottom right corner of the site)

3)      Directly under the title ‘Email Us’ is a link labeled ‘Send us’, click this link.

4)      Fill this in with the appropriate info (don’t go into detail on your issue at this time, just vaguely create a sentence that sums up your problem)

5)      Afterwards you will receive an email that’s labeled something like this ‘Auto-Response Payment Status  (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) ppk1’ from the a specific email address (i'm not allowed to post the exact address on these forums for some reason) .

6)      Reply to this address and give this information:

a)      Paypal transaction ID #

b)      Shipping provider (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc.)

c)       Tracking # for the item

d)      And then describe in full detail the situation of your transaction.

7)      If you’ve met Paypal’s requirements for hold release, then they will lift the payment holds.

You may have to do this per transaction.

Hope this helps - Dan

Login to Me Too

kalajade88
Contributor
Contributor

I added my tracking number now paypal is acting as it I didn't send it out until the date I added the tracking number wich was 3 days before then, is there anyway to change the date I added the #. I need that money and paypal and ebay already have their money from me, now I;d like to have my money.

Login to Me Too

Awrigh1985
New Community Member
That doesn't work
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.