Why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payments for Ebay auctions?

glo1
Contributor
Contributor

So  - why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payment for Ebay auctions?  I have used this method for a long time -- and also sometimes pay with my back-up funding source credit card.  All accounts are in good standing, however, today Paypal will NOT let me use the Instant Bank Transfer option to pay for Ebay auctions.   I am very aggravated  with this -- as I do not want to put payment on a credit card and I do not want to wait several days for an E-check to clear, either.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what's going on?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

tempa1112511-2
New Community Member

all my items have been delievered and you can see that by feedback and still paypal wants to hold my money for 21 days. i want to close my account with e-bay and paypal but they won't let me. Who runs this outfit? Sounds like organized crime!

Login to Me Too

26irene
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing has happened to me.  They say it will take 21 days to get my money. This is crazy. I print out my own shipping labels with usps at home and I have to have this money in there to do this. What can we do to fix this? Irene

Login to Me Too

pinkilee
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem,i was able to use instant bank transfer till nearly 2 weeks ago,i have double checked all my details on paypal and everything is correct and verified and up-to-date. So i am very confused.

Login to Me Too

Bowitch
Contributor
Contributor
More than likely the seller, will not accept an E-check from paypal.Not sellers fault, but paypal charges seller for the transaction on top of other fees.They also hold your money so long before releasing to buyer,it is not worth the wait for him plus added charges. Kinda get the message,who is at fault ??
Login to Me Too

hiddenpointe16
New Community Member

Not to pile on, but so upset that I can't refrain.  I purchased & beautiful engagement ring over eBAY & was hoping to have it delivered by Christmas (please refrain from comments on buying a ring on eBAY or proposing on X-mas).  Obviously, my main concern is that my fiancee says yes & a she's so cool she won't care it didn't get delivered in time, however:

• I don't want to announce we're engaged until the deed is done.  Which means she spends this X-mas as my "girlfriend" & not my fiancee
  • We are very far from my family & given the economy, we are only able to see them at Christmas.  I was hoping they could share in this experience in person, but I'm not going to propose without a ring & therefore not going to tell my family until we're officially engaged.
  • My grandmother is very ill & this might be our last Christmas together.  Would have been nice for her to see her grandson engaged.

Ultimately, I may propose w/out the ring but it's not a decision I wanted to have to make.  That being said:

- I have a confirmed bank account with sufficient funds to cover the entire purchase

- I have a confirmed credit card to back-up the purchase

- I spoke with a PayPal rep confirming this purchase is authorized & needed to happen quickly

The eBAY seller is trying to work with me on this, but it shouldn't be an issue if PayPal was more flexible with their 'dynamic security model' (a.k.a. we automated the process on a computer so we wouldn't have to provide real people for customer service to deal with real situations).  I give them my online banking user id & password to verify information, yet they can do nothing to assist in following through on their statements on the website.

What a joke.  I really hope those jokers at Facebook take their billions from their upcoming IPO & create a competitor for these fools.  Thanks for perpetuating the notion that Americans are lazy & greedy, by 'acting' as a proven American success yet not providing any real customer service.

**This is not directed at any of the agents I talked to at PayPal. They were friendly, patient & tried their best, but ultimately PayPal policy prevented them from being of any assistance.  And don't tell me this is PayPal trying to 'protect consumers by preventing fraud', every bank & credit card company assists with that nowadays--they just don't want to spend any $$$ or resources by being involved with such situations.  Another great American motto: 'Cover your own a**'.

Login to Me Too

PayPal **bleep** I have money in there account for months and I. Cant access it before I open an account with outrages fee or give my personal bank info. So much for service and yes class action suit should be filed "......**bleep**
Login to Me Too

Michelle5972
New Community Member

This has happened to me, also.  Money in my bank account, updated credit card information and two payments kicked back when using paypal.  I do not understand why this is happening and would like to see the problem cleared up.  I had ordered business cards for my husband through VistaPrint, thought they were on the way, and just found out that there was a problem processing the transaction with PayPal.  The same thing happened with Netflix when they tried to process their fee.  Seems like PayPal has a serious issue on their hands.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Michelle5972, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've had with your transaction.

It sounds like the updated information for your credit card may not be passing verification. If there's a discrepancy in the address - even something as minor as a difference in abbreviation, or the apt number on the wrong line - the card may not pass verification, causing the Instant Transfer option to fail without a viable backup funding source.

Please check the way your credit card address appears on PayPal against the way it appears with your credit card issuer, and make any necessary corrections. This should allow the verification to pass successfully.

If you have further difficulties after that, you may want to reach out to Customer Solutions for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.