my saved buttons now have new names???

grinandbearit
Contributor
Contributor

I saved a bunch of buttons and added them to my site yesterday giving them all unique names relating to the product they are each associated with. I come back today and they have all been renamed "sample buy now button". They each have a different ID number, but I can't tell which of my products they are associated with. Anyone know what happened or how to fix?? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
47 REPLIES 47

AngelBarracks
Contributor
Contributor

Totally not cool.
I called them a few days back and was told they were working on it and had been aware of it for days.
I have sent them a bit of a snotty e-mail today as this is totally unacceptable.

Any half decent company would have a message as soon as you log in to firstly advise you of the problem, secondly to advise a fix date and thirdy to say sorry.

Login to Me Too

Quin_at_HRR
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to be working now as of 5/18/2016 11:00 AM NY time. We'll see if it lasts!

Login to Me Too

AngelBarracks
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Angel Barracks,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the issue with the PayPal buttons showing as sample. My name is XXXXXX and I work on the Product and Site Support team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience which has been caused. This was a known issue which was effecting all PayPal accounts.

This issue has now been resolved and your buttons will be showing with the item name and not sample anymore.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

Received the above in response to my e-mail.

All working for me now.

Login to Me Too

Bonetaire
Contributor
Contributor

It only gets worse. Hoping that indeed the problem would be solved as per Paypal's email (see my earlier post) per 18 May, I now find I can't even access Merchant Services. When I click on the button 'Merchant Services' to access the page to create buttons, I go th Paypal's homepage. Very frustrating.

If anyone here has any suggestion on how else to access the saved buttons, I'd love to hear!

Login to Me Too

AngelBarracks
Contributor
Contributor

I must admit I never go there via Merchant Services, but having just tried it takes me out too.

I go to buttons via:

My selling preferences

Manage my payment buttons.

Login to Me Too

atelierm
Contributor
Contributor

I go to Tools on the menu bar. The drop down menu has All Tools as a choice. Once you go there, if you "heart" PayPal Buttons, PayPal Buttons will be added to the Tools dropdown menu.

Merchant Services doesn't show up as an option on my page anymore. I called PayPal and they said Merchant Services was now what they call Tools or All Tools.

Login to Me Too

atelierm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm very happy that the buttons work properly now, but PayPal could have elimnated a lot of confusion and angst with better communication.

Login to Me Too

Bonetaire
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thanks so much for your help! What a relief to be able to work on these buttons after almost 2 weeks. Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.