Billing Address requirement when using PayPal

RoatanBill
Contributor
Contributor

What is the point of uisng PayPal when a seller then also wants a billing address? I don't want to give them my billing address as I don't live in the US.

I live on Roatan Island in the Caribbean. I use PayPal to pay for things from US suppliers that would reject a transaction from off shore thinking it's a scam and they won't get paid. I understand their concern, but I've been using PaypPal for many years and there's never been a problem. I pay my bills.

Why must I supply a billing address, when PayPal is the third party that is supporting the transaction? The only reason I use PayPal is to have PayPal vouch for the transaction since I have a long history with PayPal. 

BTW - Automatically assuming a Spanish web site when I log in because my traffic conmes from a Spanish speaking country needs to be corrected. My preference is English.

Also, gray text on a white background when filling out this form may be some artsy character's idea of good web design, but it's really not. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we are not Paypal,if the seller wants your billing address and you dont wantto give it to him,just cancel the order.

Login to Me Too

RoatanBill
Contributor
Contributor

"we are not Paypal"   If this isn't PayPal, then what is it.

The point is that PayPal should prevent their merchants from requesting such information. If I have to provide a billing address, then I might as well use my credit card. I might as well cancel my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.