How Do I use Paypal in Physical Store Like Home Depot

Zipster257
Contributor
Contributor

I was at Home Depot last week and attempted to use my Paypal account for the $180 purchase.  There was a Paypal option on the payment screen and I pressed it, then it asked for a phone number, which I keyed, and then it asked for a pin.  I don't have a pin, never received a pin from Paypal.  How can I get a pin to actually make payments in physical store locations?  Alternately, just in general, how can I make payments in physical stores????  Maybe I went about it the wrong way or something but I could not get it to work and can't find any good information on the Paypal website on how to do this.  Please, if you have any experience, or suggestions let me know.  Because what I ultimately ended up doing, was scrapping the order at the register, purchased all the goods online, set the pickup for in store, and processed with paypal as one of the online options for Home Depot.com and picked the goods up at the customer service desk of the store.  If I can pay physically at some locations I would love that too.  So I'm all ears.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Baccaboo
I had the exact thing happen with me at Office Depot for a purchase of near $300. They said I could pay with Paypal, but when I entered my phone number, it asked for a pin#. I never received one and don't know how to get one.
Login to Me Too

user1967
New Community Member

months later and still no answer?? hmmm good to see PP is right on top of things

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.