Updating the order status

roger2017
Contributor
Contributor

I am new in paypal and have the following situation to understand.

I sent an invoice to  my client for a programming work, and it is paid.

In my email, I got the following message from paypal.

• If you provided a service or sold an intangible item that doesn't require shipping (e-book, piano lessons, etc.): Mark the order as processed and provide details on the Transaction Details page. Your funds should be available within 7 days after you mark as processed (14 days if your buyer is based internationally).

I go to the the transaction detail page in paypal and see the following.

What should I do now? Now that you've received your payment, you should process or ship your order as soon as possible. If you're shipping an order, be sure to select a service that provides a tracking number. Once you.ve processed or shipped the order, let your buyer know by updating the order status.

So I press the order status link and make some changes (not sure if they are correct), press save.

I am not familiar on this Transaction details page, but at the bottom of this page there is,

Tracking Number: Not Applicable (Status: Valid)

Carrier: Not Applicable

Order Status: Order Processed (Sep 7, 2017)

Am I correct that I successfully changed the order status?

Does this process is also received by my Client thru paypal?

Under Money/Balance the amount paid by Client is labeled Withheld (amount xxx)

In the email it also says,

"As long as there's no transaction issue between you and the buyer, the funds will be available to you in the morning of Sep 28, 2017."

Follow up question, granting by Sep 28, it becomes available to my account Can I transfer this to my bank account that is not verified yet? If so how much is the maximum amount that I can transfer?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It looks like you did everything correctly.

Since you are a new seller, there would be a 21 day hold on funds release.

Funds SHOULD be available as projected.  Assuming there are NO problems between now and then you would be able to transfer funds but there will be limits.  You would be limited to something like $400 for the first month, I think, but the limit may be different.  After you establish a low risk business strategy the monthly limit will increase.  If you continue with high risk services the risk may remain low.

Just be aware the marking the transaction as services completed does not mean you are protected from buyer disputes.  You do not have tracking to show delivery so it is easy for a buyer to get a refund by claiming non-delivery; services are high risk.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It looks like you did everything correctly.

Since you are a new seller, there would be a 21 day hold on funds release.

Funds SHOULD be available as projected.  Assuming there are NO problems between now and then you would be able to transfer funds but there will be limits.  You would be limited to something like $400 for the first month, I think, but the limit may be different.  After you establish a low risk business strategy the monthly limit will increase.  If you continue with high risk services the risk may remain low.

Just be aware the marking the transaction as services completed does not mean you are protected from buyer disputes.  You do not have tracking to show delivery so it is easy for a buyer to get a refund by claiming non-delivery; services are high risk.

Login to Me Too

roger2017
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you and also thanks for the hints on high/low risk services, I will try to search/know about it.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You're quite welcome.

For more background click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then User Agreement.  Scroll down to the Holds and Restricted activities sections.  Understanding the risks can help you reduce your change of future problems and account limitations.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.