Using a US$ account at a Canadian bank

FDF
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Canada, and use a Canadian bank. I have a US$ account at that bank, which I linked to my new PayPal account so I could make purchases in the US without having to convert the currency. (I'm still in the "confirmation" waiting stage of opening my PayPal account -- it's not yet fully operational, so I can't really try it).

Reading other people's concerns, it appears this isn't going to work for me.

Please tell me this isn't so!!!  If I can't purchase goods or services offered in the US, by transferring money from my US$ account at my Canadian bank to my PayPal account, then I won't have much use for PayPal. I might as well just pay online with my Canadian credit card.

Can any Canadian, with a US$ account at a Canadian bank, linked to PayPal) tell me if it works for them?______

(thanks!).

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

little_doll
Contributor
Contributor

You just need to go in and change your PayPal preferred "currency" settings to US Funds and don't forget to "save" your settings.

Login to Me Too

jeannette36
New Community Member

Where exactly can I find that 'preferred currency' area in my profile please?  I have just set up a US dollar account but cannot find that particular 'box' anywhere.

Jeannette

Login to Me Too

sanaa
Contributor
Contributor

u cant do this and i donno why. I tried myself to transfer money to my US dollar and it was rejected, I tried again and when I added my bank account there's a message stating that your account in canda must be only in Canadian dollars. am gonna try to email paypal about this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.