Sending money from India to US - What are the PayPal charges that applies

namo_the_oger
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account in India. And due to our baning regulations we cannot use PayPal for personal payments. I need to send some money over to a PayPal account in the US, and I have been asked to mark it as 'friends and family'. Now, when I go to the 'send Payment' page, I dont see an option to mark it as 'friends and family'. All I see is: 'Sending payments for purchases is free for you. The seller pays the fees.' My question is, if I send a payment of 10 USD, will the receiver in US receive the 10 USD, or a lesser amount after adjusting the PayPal charges. Another problem is that they dont say anything about the exact amount that the seller will see.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi namo_the_oger,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forums! I would be happy to assist you with answering your questions today. Smiley Happy

The "friends and family" option is used to send personal payments between PayPal accounts. Unfortunately, residents of India no longer have the option of gifting money via a personal payment, so you would need to send a payment to the seller by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Send Money.”
  3. Enter the email address or mobile phone number of the person you are sending the money to.
  4. Enter the amount of money you wish to send, and choose the currency from the list.
  5. Select “Goods”, “Services”, or “eBay Items”, depending on your purchase.
  6. Click Continue.

Although you wouldn't be charged a fee to send this payment, the seller would be charged a fee to receive this payment. That fee is dependent on the type of account the seller has, the country in which the seller resides and how much business the seller does with PayPal. You can read more about fees here.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi namo_the_oger,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forums! I would be happy to assist you with answering your questions today. Smiley Happy

The "friends and family" option is used to send personal payments between PayPal accounts. Unfortunately, residents of India no longer have the option of gifting money via a personal payment, so you would need to send a payment to the seller by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click “Send Money.”
  3. Enter the email address or mobile phone number of the person you are sending the money to.
  4. Enter the amount of money you wish to send, and choose the currency from the list.
  5. Select “Goods”, “Services”, or “eBay Items”, depending on your purchase.
  6. Click Continue.

Although you wouldn't be charged a fee to send this payment, the seller would be charged a fee to receive this payment. That fee is dependent on the type of account the seller has, the country in which the seller resides and how much business the seller does with PayPal. You can read more about fees here.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

namo_the_oger
Contributor
Contributor

This means that if the person receiving the money does not want to bear the PayPal charges, then there is no way the sender would know exactly how much to send. Anyway, thanks for the reply Ashley.

Login to Me Too

hitulpatel002
New Community Member

Hello I wanted to send money to India how do I pay through PayPal.  actually I tried once but I'm getting error message like Sorry this recipient can not acceptable start payment.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@hitulpatel002

PayAdmin already provided the answer in this post.  Just scroll to the previous answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.