Account hacked and helpless!

spcops05
Contributor
Contributor

My account was hacked over the weekend and there are 2 small processed charges, and a pending LARGE bank transfer. I have tried calling customer service all weekend and have racked up a total of over 7 hours of hold time and have yet to talk to an agent. I don't know what else I can do to reach someone to stop this fraudulent transfer. I have waited on hold for hours, sent an email, and messaged through favebook and haven't heard a thing. Please help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since you could log onto your account, first thing would be to change your password.

Next, what are the details of each transaction?  What are the clues?

When was your last transcation which you, yourself did?

Does anyone else have access to your computer or to any device you use to access your PayPal account?

When you called, did you use the one-time passcode option?

For something this serious I would probably stay on hold for a single call until their office closed.

I would start a dispute on each of the bad transactions.  If, however, it is determined that the transactions originated from one of your devices, the dispute would be denied and your account likely limited.

Login to Me Too

spcops05
Contributor
Contributor

I am active on my account so I was logged on from home that morning printing shipping labels.. no one else had access to my phone or computer. I received an email that money requests were sent, and that an email was added to my account (Which I did not add) so i logged in to check it out.. I immediately changed password and security settings. My paypal debit card was closed and my account was flagged by paypal for suspisious activity. It is on limited access. I was able to report the 2 small transactions that were processed. However the proccessing bank transfer transaction wouldn't allow me to report it, the form said unfamiliar transaction ID, I assume because it hasn't been completed yet. 

I have been using the one time passcode.. I have waited 3 times for over 2 hours.. but between my phone dying and just life in general I had to quit .. Currently on hold again now for 30 minues and going I will see what happens, but not looking promising to get an answer.

Login to Me Too

spcops05
Contributor
Contributor

I have been on hold now for 3 hours and 26 minutes.. at this length it is hard to believe anyone will ever answer, especially since I have been trying since Saturday night. 😞

Login to Me Too

Tecoa
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing has happened to me yesterday. I've tried everything and transaction id says invalid. I used the one time code to call and still on hold and it's been an hour so far. This is absurd for such a "professional" company. I've been a customer for 8 years and after this I'm closing it. And no no ones had access to my phone my account whatever. It's been hacked!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.