Accepting Credit Card payments w/o creating Paypal Account

felgcastro
Contributor
Contributor

I hold a Paypal Standard account which supposedly allows customers to pay using their credit cards without having to create a Paypal account for themselves. During tests when I hit the checkout button in my website it redirects my browser to the PayPal secure payment page. The customer has two options to pay to choose from; through a Paypal account of themselves or create a Paypal account for themselves and then use their credit card.

Has anybody had this issue and if so how did you resolve it ?

Thank you

Felipe

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Packham
New Community Member

I'm also experiencing the same problem.  I found some documentation on the marketing site for paypal, but it's out of date and leads to a dead end.  

Login to Me Too

felgcastro
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Packam

I did resolve my issue. I built my website around the 3dcart shopping cart. In 3dcart you choose your payment methods. One of the payment methods is PayPal and you can specify what PayPal account. I have a Paypal Standard account. Within 3dcart and for the Paypal Standard account I had to specify the email address I had used to create my PayPal account.

Once I fillled out this parameter each time I made a test in the Paypal site I had the option "Do not have a Paypal account" to choose from.

I hope this helps

Felipe

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.