Sending limit email

Alex987
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I have made my first purchase with my paypal account for $30 and got en email saying:

We wanted to let you know that you’re just $30.75 USD away from hitting your initial PayPal sending limit of $2,000.00 USD. This is the maximum amount of money you can send or use for purchases before you need to become Verified.

I don't have any other payments in transaction history, what is the $2000 about?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Andy

Well Alex987....that's certainly...odd Smiley Surprised

All accounts have sending limits; once you reach them you need to get verified before we allow you to send more money through our systems.  From what you said, you should have $1969.25 remaining on your sending limit, not $30.75. 

I'm gonna chalk this one up to a hiccup in the system; if it continues post here again and we'll get this looked into. Also if there's anyone else on the boards having this issue, respond to the thread.  If we have a serious issue we need to look at, I would need more examples so our engineers can take a look.

Andy

Login to Me Too

jeffman0726
New Community Member

Same problem here 10000.00 limit and none available since i'm not Bank Verified..  Guessing for bad feed back due to this. Cant pay 20.00 using my Credit card thru paypal... Been on Paypal since 2003 without this Problem. WOW.. Help

Login to Me Too

rexnefect
New Community Member

The system is holding my funds hostage and will not let me send more two hundred eight dollars but it saids my spending limt is over 3 grand i dont know what the dill is and  i need this paid now dead line.

Login to Me Too

dan_gilson

I just got the same thing saying that I was over a $2000 limit on a $120 purchase.   The only problem was that I have not purchased anything in a couple of months.  So this sounds like a repetitive glitch in the system or something else like Papal wants to have all of its customer verified. 

I called and Terry could not give me much in the way of answers just that I had to be verified.  The 2 ways to do that is get a PayPal credit card or give PayPal my bank account information. I don't want another credit card.  I really don't want PayPal to have my bank account info. That pretty much means goodbye to purchasing stuff from eBay too,  a double hit.  I would suggest a 3rd option: There should be a way to get verified by providing enough information.

Login to Me Too

Carol500
Contributor
Contributor

Have been an Ebay customer for a number of years with no credit issues but have not been purchasing for some months. I do NOT want a Paypal credit card nor to have a link to my bank. It seems Ebay wants fewer customers as does the PAyPal branch. It should be simple to allow people with decent credit to use a credit card of their choice and buy/sell as previoiusly. I have gotten 2 emails saying that I could not be verified then played around with it and finally got my credit card to work.  Totally annoying so why can't it be fixed?

Login to Me Too

zeonkitty
New Community Member

Oi,

I have the same issue. I have a business account which has funds from customers. I went to purchase an item and got a message saying I reached my spending limit 0.00 and that it shows I have 1900.00 left. Plus the message stated that PayPal declined my payment but the money is out of the account. 

Help- I need that item for a business related Fashion Show. 

Thanks!!!

P.S. I know about the verify bank account, I just don't have a business bank account set up yet.

Login to Me Too

Messerly81
Contributor
Contributor
i have the same problem. got an e-mail telling me i am $617.06 away from my limit of $2000 . i bought one item for $50 . i just opened my account sunday. this the only thing i bought . where did $1300 come from. i guess i am going to call their customer service number . considering what people have wrote i am not hopeful.
Login to Me Too

Messerly81
Contributor
Contributor
just called customer service got the nicest lady i have ever spoken to. my fault not paypal. i forgot about my cousins account. he used my info. i knew about it. now i get to tell him he spent $1250 on e-bay . ha
Login to Me Too

benreaves
Contributor
Contributor

Similar problem:

Spent about $500 in Austria last week, and got an email that I'm "almost at your spending limit of $10,000" though in the past year I've spent only $1K, not the 50% that the graphic shows. Logging into paypal.com (not from a link in the email) shows the same, so I think the email is legitimate.

Is this just Paypal's way of coercing us to link directly to our bank accounts? What's the best way to reach them by fax? (better than email, but I want answers in writing)

Ben

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.