Acceptable Use Policy violation

Reian
Contributor
Contributor
I'm confused. I just got an email from PayPal saying that I'd violated the Acceptable Use Policy with no details. I use PayPal for personal purchases. Most notably Subway, backing a couple comic artists and music artists on Patreon, Amazon, eBay, and the ocassional other miscellaneous purchase. I have a YouTube account but it's gaming content (pretty much videos of game glitches/bugs these days). Shouldn't be anything objectionable there. Aside from that I don't have anything that I can think of that could possibly be objectionable. But I can't get any additional information from customer service aside from being told that "these decisions are not made lightly" and that there is no appeals process available if you believe the decision has been made in error. I'm really just confused at this point. Is there any way to get more information?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reian 

Nope, sadly they never give reasons.

Can be anything from selling high risk items or receiving friends/family payments from sales etc. 

Can be one of a million reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reian 

Nope, sadly they never give reasons.

Can be anything from selling high risk items or receiving friends/family payments from sales etc. 

Can be one of a million reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Reian
Contributor
Contributor

That's rough considering I only purchase with Paypal. I don't sell, I don't auction, I have never received funds with the exception being refunds for purchases that didn't work out.  :<

Login to Me Too

Wallis627j
Contributor
Contributor

This very much sounds like 2 scam emails that I have recently received. Each time I received the scam email shortly after purchasing from the Internet. The email did not come from a recognised Paypal address; did not address me by name and did not give any details relating to me or any so called Violation. It said my Account had been "Limited" but in fact had not been accessed at all. Paypal have confirmed the email was a scam. I am still not aware of how the Scammers knew I had used Paypal - have Paypal systems been compromised or has my hardware.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wallis627j 

the above persons was not a spoof, if you read their post they had already contacted customer services about it and been told ''we don't take these decisions lightly''.

which is why i said the above and did not mention spoofs. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.