Phone Scam: Multiple Calls from Canton, Ohio claiming to be PayPal?

KindraM
New Community Member

I have been receiving on average 3-4 calls per day for the past 3 days from a number 1-330-433-5833.  I called this number, and it gives me a very generic automated message claiming to be PayPal.  Never have I heard a legit PayPal message sound like this. the calls generally start with no one at the end of the line, or a automated message which says "Please stay on the line for an important message"...

Yesterday someone actually was on the other end--it was a woman who said  "Hello"--I said "hello" back and then she disconnected.  

I googled this number and I have read that this is a scam from a company who is trying to pass off as PayPal--

How do I escalate this issue with PayPal?  How can I get these rotten people to stop harrassing me?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TomKo44
New Community Member

I have been getting the same calls. Never a message left, never rings long enough to answer. I dialed back and it said it was PayPal Credit Card and to enter my account number. I hung up and attempted to call PayPal to see if it was a phishing scam. Spent 20 minutes in a continual loop with the robot that answers the PayPal support phone. I started an argument with the robot. It insisted I needed to give it the same info again for the 10th time so it could help me. I screamed at the robot and eventually hung up!

Login to Me Too

Azoucar34
Contributor
Contributor

Bonjour à toute la communauté.

Utilisatrice de Paypal depuis plus de 10 ans c'est bien la première fois que j'ai un aussi gros problème.
Je fais mes courses comme la plupart sur Auchandrive avec un paiement approuvé depuis des années.

Cette nuit, une personne a utilisé mon compte paypal (et donc l'autorisation automatique.............) pour faire 2 jolies commandes a plus de 150€.

Le pire, c'est que j'ai le nom, prénom, adresse du Drive ainsi que la liste entière de ce qui a été acheté.

Je ne peux pas utiliser le gestionnaire de litige car c'est une transaction préapprouvé. Je n'ai pas reçu de demande de validation par l'application ou un code par sms.

La transaction est "en attente d'autorisation"
Que dois-je faire?

Merci beaucoup!
Cdlt

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.