account limited cus it was made before i was 18

orze
Contributor
Contributor

i made my account almost 12 years ago i bellive when i was 16. paypal now limited my account because of it. ok fair. but now i cant use the same email to make a new one. what do i do?

i would like to dlete this account now so i can make a new one but it wont let me do it CUS its limited...

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

vulkane
New Community Member

il faut Appeler paypal pour leur dire que votre email est toujours connecte a votre ancien compte et que vous devais le réinitialiser 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vulkane 

Incorrect.

@orze 

Sadly you can't close or remove anything from a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it. They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account but that is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once so you would need to ask customer services. But you would never be able to use that email address again or anything linked to that permanently banned account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

orze
Contributor
Contributor

my brother in christ im 28.

and been using the same email form the age of 12.

i dont give a **bleep** about the account i just wna use my email again cus i only got 1 email and i plan to keep it this way

thing is even support don't know what's going on

and i got transferred to limitation department just for them to hang up on me.

i never had such a bad customer service

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@orze 

As I said ....

you can't close or remove anything from a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

And again as I said...

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account but that is not guaranteed 

It wouldn't matter if you were 60 when they discovered you opened the account underage, from that moment it would be an illegally opened minor account regardless of your present age.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

orze
Contributor
Contributor

so.. i cant use....a email....? what is that logic....no wonder paypal is among the most hated compnies out there....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@orze 

You can't use that email no, you could maybe use another email but only if paypal allow you to open another account, that is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules.

And if you wanted to use that email then you should have waited until you were 18 and opened a legal paypal account then you would not have an issue now.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

orze
Contributor
Contributor

oh OK!
sure thing lemme just go back 13 years to 15 years old me and tell him he cant make an account on paypal even tho its not written anywhere.

really "And if you wanted to use that email then you should have waited until you were 18 and opened a legal PayPal account then you would not have an issue now."

do you not get laid or something? really what kind of answer is this?

and BTW i talked with support my account is now fully unbanned. and im good so....by all means u know where to shove it.

if this is your help i see why people hate PayPal.

you are both not helpful and misleading.

and if telling a 15 years old kid he cant make a PayPal. 13 years AFTER he made it is the "help" you can get then clearly u cant help.

good day.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@orze 

Not written anywhere?????

https://www.paypal.com/il/legalhub/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_IL

1.2 Eligibility. To be eligible to use the PayPal Services, you must be at least 18 years old or higher based on the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and a resident of one of the countries listed on the PayPal Worldwide page.

You account is not unbanned as it is an illegally opened minor account so stop talking rubbish, all you can hope for is that paypal will allow you to open a new account with another email address.

But after reading this maybe they won't? 

I can only give you the facts, not the intelligence to understand those facts so maybe your mental age is still 15 from your last daft post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.