PAYPAL WORKING CAPITAL DENIAL FOR SECOND LOAN

waterworking
New Community Member

I was invited to use Paypal's new Working Capital Program. I at first was a little unsure but thought I give it a shot and borrowed the minimum which was $1000 just to see if it was what they said it was. I got the loan 5/18/2014. I paid the loan off everyday as stated and then on 5/31/14 I paid the loan off completely. I tried for a second loan and was denied. Has anyone else had this issue and have you gotten a reason why you were good enought to loan the first time but instantly turned down the second. Makes no sense. Please help

Login to Me Too
195 REPLIES 195

jbideas
Contributor
Contributor

I was locked out of applying for a week. So I don't know when I can apply again.  Not really on board with understanding why they can't give us the reason in 30 seconds.

Login to Me Too

alanmaier
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe I've seen others comment on being locked out. 

Speaking for myself, since I have multiple Kabbage loans stacked on each other (knowing full well I'd have some major payments) - I've got a couple $1500ish payments due. One within the week and another in a month. Now when sales are going well on eBay, that's easy to do. Then maybe I'll try again in a couple months and see what happens. 

I am fine with Kabbage, but sure like PPWC better through the summer months when my sales are down in relation to now through around April / May. Right now I can't keep up with restoring the audio equipment that I specialize in. I service it, list it, it sells. A bit of a load when, despite the "we" and "our" wording in my listings, I am a 1 person operation. Oh the busy days! 

Login to Me Too

LCABRERA473
Contributor
Contributor

Keep trying make sure your address phone numbers and everything matches. One lowercase where you have a capital letter will get you denied. I did the copy and paste from my profile tab and was approved after being denied at least 20 times if it locks you out just try again the following week. This has happend to me the 3 times I initially applied. This is my 4th approval

Login to Me Too

alexandrasweets
Contributor
Contributor

That is encouraging.  I am struggling to get my 3rd loan and I have been denied at least 15 times.  Question?  Did you receive any denial letters prior to your approval as to why you were denied initially?

Login to Me Too

NinjaTech
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so the error on my working capital dashboard has been removed.

The previous loan that I had been accepted for but errored out when accepting was not there, so I re-applied and was immediately approved and at a lower cost!

So despite the delay, at least I am saving a bit of $.

This time there was no error when accepting the agreement.

Hopefully everyone else who was affected will have the problem solved as well.

Login to Me Too

Voiceoverguy
Contributor
Contributor

That's good news!

Login to Me Too

LCABRERA473
Contributor
Contributor

Keep trying. I realized that I had apt 4 on my application and on my paypal account it was in caps APT 4 and I was approved just by changing it. Also I was told its the way you input the info it has to be exact to a T. I was denied like 20 times and approved out of nowhere just by changing the text. I just copied and pasted from my address and contact info on the paypal profile tab. This is my 3rd appproval and have been denied multiple times the first times I reapplied.

Login to Me Too

jbideas
Contributor
Contributor

I followed this advice.  I got a letter with three of the flimsiest reasons you could imagine.  Called the number to compain and the rep was friendly and sympathethic but firm with the advice to just keep trying.  She obviously has this conversation a lot.

Anyway I tried again, this time typing all the information manually and changing the spacing.

Approved.  for 2k more than last time.

Login to Me Too

moxdfox

Are most of you Ebay Sellers? I am an Etsy seller and now this thread has me totally fearful about paying my loan off early for fear I will not get approved again. I am just wondering how many Etsy vs. Ebay sellers are getting declined?

Login to Me Too

alanmaier
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently eBay only. Etsy is not for my product mix, and with Amazon - you really need to be in FBA to make them worthwhile.  

So frustrating that eBay is so down on the smaller seller these days. If you aren't a big box store with a presence there, they don't seem to want you. The sellers who can honestly use the PPWC are the ones eBay wants eradicated. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.