Simple easy Checkout integration for me website.

AZShuttle
Contributor
Contributor

I had a WEBSCR solution for years.. worked great for my business shopping cart.. I started a new Shuttle Business. I am having a very hard time setting up a new framework for the PayPal checkout.. I have a simple INV-NUMBER and PAYMENT-CHARGE I want to pay to have my customer pay by Debit/Credit card using my Paypal Business account.. I use a simple <input> scheme on the Checkout (HTML) page of my website.. can anyone tell me the easiest integration to use.. I really don't like NodeJS.. I am a PHP man.. I like NVP but it seems so complicated now.. please offer a simple suggestion for a Standard Checkout easiest to set up on my website.. Note:  I have setup the Standard and Advanced Integrations and they work on my local computer.. but for the life of me I don't know how to take it live and transfer the INV-NUMBER and PAYMENT-CHARGE TO the script.. sorry for the lengthy post I am looking for something easy to integrate.. Is something like Braintree possible for such an integration?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @AZShuttle ,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community. The new Pay Links and Buttons option is the easiest solution that requires no coding. You can set it up to allow  your buyers to fill in the details of their invoice number, Payment Charge To, and Invoice Amount.

This has the details:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/copy-paste/

Here are the steps to creating the Pay Link and Button (available in sandbox and live):

• Click on Pay & Get Paid
  • Click on Pay Links and Buttons
  • Choose Customer sets the price from the Pricing drop down
  • Input what you'd like your product to be called
  • Change Label for amount to something like "Enter Invoice Amount"
  • Change "Label for customer notes" to "Payment Charge To"
  • Click on "Label for Invoice ID" change to "Invoice ID"

Screenshot:

MTS_Jennifer_0-1714692272127.png

These options are currently only available in Customer sets the price, but will be added to the other pricing options with the next update.

These details will get passed into the transaction details, email notifications, as well as Instant Payment Notifications.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

AZShuttle
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your post, but it doesn't help me.  I am a Shuttle Service.. customer doesn't set the price.. the price is created by a PHP script that determines the price the customer will pay based on mileage and Google Maps distance.. that determined price has to carry over to a Checkout page.. I like the simplicity of the no code button.. like I said before.. WEBSCR worked perfect for me in the old days.. never a problem to have a customer pay.. that same shopping cart would work perfect today but Paypal doesn't support it.. thanks again..

Login to Me Too

LCLCLC
Contributor
Contributor

Pay links also don't work at all when there are multiple products that need to go into a cart along with a combined-product shipping calculation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.