How can I block future payments to a specific company?

iHDD
Contributor
Contributor
So, I've got the app "Shaw Academy," got a free 4 week trial from t-mobile Tuesday. I've accidentally purchased the Cryptocurrency toolkit course that'll give me homework for $30, which I'm fine with given I do what to know that stuff. My 4-week trial ends soon, it'll cost $80 if I don't cancel before, and they make this very hard to achieve. Given they don't allow anyone to remove a payment, I've been trying to pause my membership, but not for the last couple days, a part of the website has been down or something, tried from their app and through a couple web browsers to no avail. Is there any way to block their payment when it comes time for the trial expiration? There's no way I can manually cancel That, and people complain saying they've canceled/paused the payment, but still get a $80 bill a few days later. Shaw Academy seems shady and I just don't want anything more to do with it
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @iHDD 

If you are having issues cancelling your membership on the merchant's end, you can do it on your PayPal account:

From your PayPal app, here’s how to view your preapproved payment information:

1. Tap More at the bottom of your home screen.
  2. Tap Manage your subscriptions and more.
  3. Tap the plan you want to view.

From your computer, here’s how:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click  Manage automatic payment under "Automatic payments."
  4. Click the agreements you want to view.

Once you view the details, there will be an option for you to cancel the recurring payment or automatic payment. This will completely cancel the paymebt profile and all future payments to the merchant will be cancelled. 

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @iHDD 

If you are having issues cancelling your membership on the merchant's end, you can do it on your PayPal account:

From your PayPal app, here’s how to view your preapproved payment information:

1. Tap More at the bottom of your home screen.
  2. Tap Manage your subscriptions and more.
  3. Tap the plan you want to view.

From your computer, here’s how:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click  Manage automatic payment under "Automatic payments."
  4. Click the agreements you want to view.

Once you view the details, there will be an option for you to cancel the recurring payment or automatic payment. This will completely cancel the paymebt profile and all future payments to the merchant will be cancelled. 

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Gigi813
New Community Member

I don't see the settings in to my computer 

Login to Me Too

Gigi813
New Community Member

I got it! Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.