How do I use my PayPal Balance without creating a PayPal Cash Account?

Annalyse
New Community Member

Recently, I received 20$ from a friend, and they sent the money to me via PayPal. I've had this PayPal account for some time, but have not attached a credit/debit card, a bank account, or created what the app calls a "PayPal Cash account". When I open the app, my balance is clearly shown at the top with the button "accept the money" under it. However, when I tap that option, I am prompted to either send it to a bank account or create a PayPal cash account, which requires my SSN.

All I really want to do is use this money on an online store as payment (e.g. Etsy, eBay...), but without going through the process of making either a Cash account or attaching a bank account.

Is there some way for me to just use that balance right away?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annalyse 

Nope, no other way due to new Consumer Protection Laws that went into effect April 1 so if you want to withdraw, link a bank or create a Cash Account with SSN to hold funds in the balance and use the balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annalyse 

Nope, no other way due to new Consumer Protection Laws that went into effect April 1 so if you want to withdraw, link a bank or create a Cash Account with SSN to hold funds in the balance and use the balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.