I have been using Pay In 4 for Ebay purchases for years

Budharick
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Pay In 4 for Ebay purchases for years. Yesterday, I made an offer for a Buy It Now offer which was accepted but when I went to pay, I changed the credit card by which to pay to another one in my account. Purchase went through and when I later went to pay for another item through the bidding process, at checkout PayPal was there as payment option but it only offered "Confirm and Pay" which drafts the entire purchase amount from my "preferred" credit card instead of taking me to my PayPal site where there are payment options of several credit cards I have in my account and the option of Pay In 4. PayPal customer service is no help. They had no solutions. I had this same issue a couple of years ago but don't remember how I was able to get the Pay In 4 option back.  I hope someone on the Community Forum will be able to help. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

SaberPrime
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently been having the exact same issue, which has been a real problem for me as I've been using Pay in 4 to help manage some of my more significant purchases. As far as I'm aware, my account is in good standing, and I haven't done anything wrong or against the TOS, and have even paid off all of my ongoing contracts before the initial due date.

What's more frustrating is that the more I've searched, the more the solution seems to be "Accept that you can't do anything about it and wait or move on". Others have had the same problem, and because it's all automated by PP's internal checks and systems nothing can be done about it, no one can help, and no one can tell me or anyone else why specifically this is happening or find a way to resolve it. As far as the customer service representative I spoke with is concerned, there are no limitations or blocks on my account, and that it could be an issue with the merchant.

I've used this service reliably with Steam, EB games, Ebay, and others in the past without issue. I can't imagine that all of them suddenly, and arbritarily decided to block the service at the same exact time. Especially when I have no such problems checking out with other payment methods whenever I shop with them.

For a company valued (at the time of writing this) at $70.77B USD, you'd think this sort of thing wouldn't happen, or that if it did it would be an issue they'd be well-equipped to assist with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.