Order unsuccessful but money removed from paypal and bank account

5211eulalie

I placed an order with ASOS and received a confirmation email.  Soon after I received another email from ASOS that they were unable to complete my order as the paypal transaction was  unsuccesful.  

My paypal account shows the order to ASOS as complete and the money has been removed from my bank account (credit card). The order was placed 7 days ago.

I emailed ASOS twice and they were not able to help.  Told me the following:

"I have taken a look at your account, and I can confirm that your order, 33688465, has been unsuccessful

This is because your card issuer declined the payment."

Seeing I am not going to get the clothes I ordered, how do I get the money back to my account?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your order. Usually a payment to a merchant like ASOS will need to be captured and they are the only ones who can refund/cancel it. If they are saying there is nothing they can do I would advise you to file a dispute for 'non-receipt'. You should be able to get your refund through the claims process.

Login to Me Too

Ella07
New Community Member
This happened to me on Sept. 21,2016 they have also told me that my payment was unsuccessful due to the declined paypal transaction but when I checked my account, the payment have already been deducted and marked as completed. How do I file a dispute for "non-receipt"?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ella07

First contact the company and give them the transaction number and say the payment has completed and you want a refund.

If nothing sorted then file a dispute via the ''resolve a problem'' link lower left of your paypal summary page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meows
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I know this post is old but I just had this experience with ASOS yesterday and it wasn't the first time. When I emailed ASOS's customer service department, they blamed PayPal and suggested I use a different payment method. I just wanted to share a screen capture from last year when I had the same problem and was actually able to find an entry in the ASOS help section. Oddly enough, I can no longer find this entry. But I saved my screen capture where they admit it's a glitch in their system. 

It's frustrating and now they won't even take ownership of the problem. PayPal moved money out of my bank account and was attempting to pay ASOS but ASOS failed to capture the order and failed to process the payment, leaving my payment "pending". So not even an order number to reference when emailing ASOS. I don't remember exactly how long it took for my payment to be reversed last time. It may have taken a week or two, but not 30 days. Just sharing if anyone else has this issue...

ASOS Help - Unsuccessful Paypal Orders

Login to Me Too

aramintageorge
Contributor
Contributor

Such amount will be credited back to your account with in a week or two. My spouse ordered for certain fashion asseccesories from ASOS and paid them on line. At first attempt  the amount was deducted from my account but was not recieved by the ASOS. Then at second attempt again the amount was deducted from my account and now its payment was successful with the sellers. I also called ASOS customer service 0844 385 1700 ,source: http://qwikfix.co.uk/asos-contact-number/    and they replied in positive manner. Within two weeks my first debited amount was credited to my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aramintageorge

They probably know that as the post you are replying to was posted in JUNE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rositabra
Contributor
Contributor
I have this problem, I'm still waiting for my money to be reimbursed back into my account $200+ that I have lost thanks to Asos & PayPal. It's been almost a whole month and still nothing.. I've contacted Asos they blamed PayPal so I won't bother shopping on that store and using PayPal ever again
Login to Me Too

Njunjica8
What happened at the end? Did you manage to get your money back?
Login to Me Too

meows
Contributor
Contributor

@rositabra wrote:
I have this problem, I'm still waiting for my money to be reimbursed back into my account $200+ that I have lost thanks to Asos & PayPal. It's been almost a whole month and still nothing.. I've contacted Asos they blamed PayPal so I won't bother shopping on that store and using PayPal ever again

Hi Rositabra. I feel your frustration. When I contacted ASOS, I initiated an inquiry via a submission form from their HELP page > ASK US A QUESTION button (scroll to the bottom of the page)... and received an email from a rep. I chose to email them because I needed to include screenshots of my PayPal transactions for the failed asos order. They asked for an asos order number, but there wasn't one because the order wasn't captured. What I did have were 2 PayPal TRANSACTION ID #'s and a PayPal INVOICE ID # (for the 1 asos order, there were 2 unique paypal transactions):

1. ORDER unique transaction ID # with INVOICE ID #
    (What was shown on mine was "Status: Pending")
    http://my.paypal.s3.amazonaws.com/screenshot423.png (see screenshot)

2. AUTHORIZATION unique transaction ID # with INVOICE ID #
    (What you want to see here is "Status: Canceled. The seller canceled this payment and the money has been returned to your account.")
    http://my.paypal.s3.amazonaws.com/screenshot424.png (see screenshot)

In your email, attach screenshots of these 2 detailed paypal transactions (they will have the same INVOICE ID #) and ask them to cancel your transaction and reverse payment. Also attach the screenshot from my post above of Asos acknowledging there was a glitch in their system because they'll try to deny that the problem existed:

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/14983iA457F7A09E4EFDC3/image-size/original?v=v2&px=-1

When I included screenshots, I got the transaction canceled really quickly, like next day.
Good luck to you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.