Paypal SDK not loading in Safari 16.6

gweller22
New Community Member

Following some reports of issues for mac / iOS users i have identified that the paypal js sdk is not loading in the latest version of Safari 16. This is effecting multiple sites all using the SDK and has been confirmed on multiple sandbox devices. The network request to anything on `https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=.....` all just hang with no response int he browser. If directly accessed then there will be a response but not thought the src tree on the site.

This issue seems to only effect Safari 16.6, and seems to work in Safari 16.5 & Safari 17 so is only going to be a temporary issue, but as this is the current stable release this is going to cause some problems.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

March_Branding
New Community Member

We've been chasing this bug since early July with a client. We have very clear data that confirms the link between those versions of Safari and the PayPal SDK, in our case, causing payment errors due to a null paymentMethodNonce error on a WooCommerce store. It's been a long and painful journey but if this is only linked to that specific version then hopefully it'll ride out. We cannot replicate the error directly so we are relying on live failures which is painful to experience. We hope a patch is rolled out soon!

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi all, 

Can anyone confirm if this issue is still ongoing? We've made recent changes to fix this and I want to ensure that there are no outstanding problems. 

Thanks, 
Christina  

Login to Me Too

DigiTiki
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is not only with iOS, but also MacOS.  I am using the newest version of Safari on my Mac and when I go to print a label I get a black white page that says "Blocked Plug In" in the middle of it.  This has been ongoing since a few weeks ago.  Contacting Shipstation's help center was useless.  They just keep telling me to update my browser--whcih is it.  This is infuriating!!

Login to Me Too

BillFromOntario
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I just posted about it and invalid payment method coming up with Mac OS Safari but not happening with anything else. This has been going on for several years now for me.

Login to Me Too

BillFromOntario
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue with what appears to be only Safari Browser on Mac OS where when they have selected PayPal in WooCommerce checkout, has error top of page says invalid payment method. Very annoying and likely costing me revenue and subsequenly PayPal losing $ on these lost sales as well

Login to Me Too

Hartgerink
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue on my Intel iMac.
macOS Ventura 13.6.3
Safari 17.2
Please let us know if there is any way to fix this. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Hartgerink
Contributor
Contributor

For me it seems to be an intermittent issue. It will fail for a few hours and then continue working for days.

Login to Me Too

Hartgerink
Contributor
Contributor

It has been over a week since I've run into the problem. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm happy.

Login to Me Too

HappyDay23
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm running into the same issue using Safari on iOS 17.1.2.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.