Regarding Paypal checkout Rest api

Namrata1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ,

I am using this checkout api("https://api-m.sandbox.paypal.com/v2/checkout/orders/") for multi seller transaction with platform fees object.
My request json:
{
"intent": "CAPTURE",
"purchase_units": [
{
"reference_id": "REFID-1",
"payee": {
"email_address": ""
},
"amount": {
"currency_code": "USD",
"value": "12.00"
},
"payment_instruction": {
"disbursement_mode": "INSTANT",
"platform_fees": [
{
"amount": {
"currency_code": "USD",
"value": "2.00"
}
}
]
}
}
]
}
Paypal api throws this error.
{
"name": "UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY",
"details": [
{
"location": "body",
"issue": "PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID",
"description": "Payee account specified is invalid. Please check the `payee.email_address` or `payee.merchant_id` specified and try again. Ensure that either `payee.merchant_id` or `payee.email_address` is specified."
}
],
"message": "The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.",
"debug_id": "3afa9c6bd939e",
"links": [
{
"href": "https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID",
"rel": "information_link",
"method": "GET"
}
]
}
kindly provide suggestion regarding this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

As per the error response returned...

PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID - Payee account specified is invalid. Please check the `payee.email_address` or `payee.merchant_id` specified and try again. Ensure that either `payee.merchant_id` or `payee.email_address` is specified

Your code shows...

"payee": {
"email_address": ""

You need to pass a valid email address which is associated with a sandbox testing account which is going to receive the payment.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

snehasandeeprao
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Namrata,

Did you fix this?

I have same problem.

Login to Me Too

zahid119
New Community Member

We had the same issue with platform app. We have sellars with merchant ID. v1/checkout/orders/ API returned the same error only for sandbox enviorment when 

payee.merchant_id is a sellar's merchant ID. Setting app's account ID as merchant ID param worked. 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.