Account permanent limited

Bnlovee
Contributor
Contributor
Account permanent limited and refund pending, I paid with pay in 4 and my account got limited and PayPal is not willing to unlift limitation and now I got a refund from merchant and it says it’s pending for over 1 week will I get my money back since account is limited ??
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Bnlovee,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the account limitation and you are expecting a refund which shows as pending. Handling with a limitation can be quite concerning. Generally, all refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. Please check this link to know why the refund is pending. Here's the help center article to know more information about the refund time frames. 

I hope this information helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bnlovee
Contributor
Contributor
paypal wont issue refund due to limitation, merchant refund me, it was a PayPal pay in 4 and I am owe money and haven’t been given my money back, it says it pending but when calling pay in 4 tells me due to limitation I won’t be able to get my money back in PayPal balance, this is stealing my money that is due to me merchant refunded me, if I don’t get my money back I will sue PayPal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bnlovee,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that there is confusion, and I will be happy to help clarify. 

For a Pay in 4 transaction, if the refund is made through the transaction by the seller, the refund may be pending until the full amount of the transaction (with all 4 of the payments) is processed, at which point the refund would be available. That is not due to the limitation, but due to the fact that the complete payment has not yet actually been funded, and therefore the refund would not yet be able to be applied.

If the seller has opted to send you a separate payment instead of issuing the refund through the transaction, it would be denied due to the limitation and the seller would not be able to send it. If it was sent before the limitation was applied, the funds would be held for 180 days.

It sounds like the seller did refund through the transaction, and the funds will be released to your original payment method once the full Pay in 4 repayment is completed. If you used a bank or card, the funds will return to that payment method once the refund is complete at that time.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bnlovee
Contributor
Contributor
The seller refund through the transaction of pay in 4 and all of it was refunded and still haven’t received anything, it’s been over 2 weeks and it’s still not in my PayPal balance when would I be getting it? If I call my bank to dispute it because I haven’t received credit for it will PayPal still try to make me pay for the amount that actually owe to me ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.