HELP HELP HELP. I had 3 unauthorized bank transfers and case closed in few mintues.

YYCH
Contributor
Contributor

HELP HELP HELP

At 12:27AM of 05/04/2024 , I received 3 email messages saying "Your transfer request is processing". I did not do anything with my paypal account recently. I know I still have some paypal balance there.

So I log in my account and see 3 transfers that transfer money from my paypal to a bank account named "AMERICAN EXPRESS NATIONAL BANK". The amounts are $790, $950 and $952. I do not have any American Express account and do not reconganize this account.  They are so called unauthorized transactions.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 014927.png

So I chose " report a problem" instantly with" unauthorized transaction" to open a case. I thought this case will stop the transaction and refund me.

22 mins later I received an email saying this: 

Case status:Closed
Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 014945.png

I can not believe what I see. The worst part is that I can not reopen a case of those transactions.  I tried to call the paypal for help but there is no customer service agent available now.

I am so scared that I will lose my money. So I am asking help from you and hope anyone could guide me how to solve this problem.

Bests

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

YYCH
Contributor
Contributor

UP for help

Login to Me Too

YYCH
Contributor
Contributor

UP for help

Login to Me Too

YYCH
Contributor
Contributor

UP for help

Login to Me Too

Temp20240506A
Contributor
Contributor

YYCH, have you figured this out yet? I had the same thing happen to me on 5/4/24.

Login to Me Too

YYCH
Contributor
Contributor

Not at all. I called the customer service and was told to wait. They will investigate. 

Login to Me Too

Kalispimenta
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me 3 amounts, not authorized and they closed it due to insuficience proof... same resolution after contact wait and we will resolve it. Now i have a bank account under my account thats not mine, i asked who owns that account? if it was investigated then you guys should know? where was the ip adresss from? etc. Shouldn't paypall be safer?

Recent activity
AMERICAN EXPRESS NATIONAL BANK $900.00
May 9 . Transfer to Bank
May 9 . Transfer to Bank
May 9 . Transfer to Bank
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.