I purchased a digital code and it was already used. Paypal rejected my refund. What to do?

laubella

I bought a key-code for Steam from instant-gaming.com but it was already used. Trying to solve the issue with the seller has proven unsuccessful and he stopped responding. So I went to PayPal and disputed the transaction. I provided evidence that the seller would not respond to me anymore and I provided screenshots of my exchange with Steam Support that prove the code had been used before my purchase. PayPal closed my dispute with the reasoning that "the article is not damaged or incomplete like how you described" despite me having provided evidence that it's been redeemed before my purchase and thus is different from what I was advertised.
Are digital goods not covered by the PayPal protection? Because according to this website they are: https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update

I don't know what to do now.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

laubella

I've tried calling them but multiple times now they say they have to talk to someone and put me on hold only to hang up a few minutes later. Or they say they can't hear me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.