PayPal and Venmo account limited for no reason after Temu purchase

Temp20240917
Contributor
Contributor
Be careful using PayPal or Venmo with Temu. I think that's what got my account permanently disabled. I'm mostly guessing since that is the last transaction on my account (from several months prior) and they have given me no info as to why it's was originally disabled. All they can tell me is that it would "reveal PayPal's proprietary process" if they told me; so they don't give any reasons. They can disable your account at any time without reason, and without telling you why. Be careful using PayPal or Venmo for any Chinese purchases. My account is gone forever and their support is super unhelpful. Be aware.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20240917 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money that you 'may' have in your account.

Most common reasons (by no means all of them) for an account limitation are:-

1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not living in the country where you opened your Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Too many disputes/claims.
10. Violating their acceptable use policy.

Normally you can't appeal a permanent limitation however if its none of the above reasons then you could try and contact customer services to appeal?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.