PayPal rules in favor of fraudulent seller

Ryan_clarkson
New Community Member
I am very disappointed in the "buyer protection". I bought a Samsung Z Fold 5 smartphone on eBay for $ 830. The seller indicated that the smartphone was in full working order. As it turned out later, there was a completely different smartphone in the photos, because the seller did not want to demonstrate that his smartphone was blocked for non-payment of the contract. When I received the parcel, I recorded a video of the unpacking moment, which shows the IMEI and serial numbers. These numbers do not match what was indicated in the photo. After fully activating the smartphone and connecting to wifi, I received a notification that I cannot continue to use the smartphone, since it is deactivated. I filed a complaint with PayPal, providing them with all the video recordings, but they ruled in favor of the seller! The seller's account is still active and he sells goods! I am very upset. I can not open a repeat dispute, eBay replies that I must resolve the issue with PayPal. This is some kind of misunderstanding. What can I do to resolve this? Dear PayPal and eBay. I am an active user of your services and make regular purchases, and I have never had any disputes with sellers before. I live in a small country, and $830 is my monthly income, that is why I am disappointed in the protection of buyers. Dear users, tell me where I can write to attract the attention of responsible employees of PayPal and eBay to resolve my situation?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Shradha

Hello @Ryan_clarkson,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about your order and the dispute you have filed. I know how frustrating that must be. When you file a dispute you can communicate with the other party to solve the problem. If you are unbale to settle the dispute, you can escalate the dispute and to know the steps and details to escalate, kindly refer the Help Centre article How do I escalate a PayPal dispute to a claim?

Hope this information is helpful for you!

Warm Regards,

Shradha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

Login to Me Too

pathon
New Community Member

I too, have had my claim rejected even though I had sent the documentation and escalated the claim. PayPal has rejected my claim even though I had not received the full order. The company concerned is a scam company, selling and stealing other people's ideas and patterns. The seller sent half of a product I DID NOT ORDER. The emails kept bouncing back and even when proof of this was sent, the claim was rejected. They respond when PayPal sent them the complaint and PayPal probably deemed this acceptable. PayPal is encouraging the scam companies to continue scamming and basically stealing money from customers. What good is a resolution centre if they cannot support a honest claim???I believe the person assessing the claim did not even bother looking at the documentation and just rejected the claim. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.