Soft-ban to perma ban without a single explanation ?

Kirisea
New Community Member

I was soft-ban 2 years ago due to my account being used without my consent (via some sites that sell steam card?). This is partly due to me not having 2fa on my account, which I enabled right after. I then tried to get the money back but then was greeted with a soft ban. I just gave up and say to hell with this **bleep** site.

Now I need to use it, so again I tried to contact them now and they decided to just perma ban me instead? Without even a single reply or a conversation? I did not even do anything. I provided all the bank statements and IDs and explanation to the case. They did not reply or anything. All I've got are automated emails and a message saying that I'm perma banned when I log in. I can't even close the account.

This is so frustrating

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirisea 

Paypal don't give you reasons, its based on risk assessments and if you have broken any rules.

Also you can't close a limited account.

You can rarely appeal a permanent ban but if you want to try an appeal then contact customer services.

They 'may' pass it to the back office but the chances of the appeal being successful are slim. Paypal state that the decision is not made lightly and once made is usually final.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--help378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.