Unauthorized payment to Meta Platforms (Facebook ireland) and Paypal denied dispute

tanvincent87
Contributor
Contributor

SSo today suddenly I had two unauthorized automatic payments to Meta Platforms INC (email says Facebook ireland???) amounting to $354.72! I checked my Facebook account and there were NO activities logged.

It's no small sum and when I raised a dispute to PAYPAL, PAYPAL denied the dispute and deemed it legit (within an hour). Help! how can I resolve this???

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

Matt_Polar
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation as you Elementos, but company was DAZN Limited. I got charged twice, $250 x2, on the same day. No resolution via PayPal, recieved "Reviewed and case closed." REALLY not acceptable. I would like DAZNs paypal id so I can just place a random charge against them. Clearly it won't be disputed.
Login to Me Too

Matt_Polar
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass @PayPal_Olivia Thanks for that info. I'll try contacting pp customer service too. I tried to contact the 'vendor' DAZN, but after a day of running in endless loops on their messaging robot back to the start, I gave up. I'm sure it's been fraudulently charged. They have a 4% rating on Trust Pilot (literally 96% 1 stars for 900 ratings).
Login to Me Too

Krice755
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same problem today i woke up at the morning and i had a unauthorized payment TO (FACEBOOK META IRELAND) FOR 5000mxn where i never ask for it i make the report but when i got it they message me with that was not a unauthorized payment i just contact facebook but they haven´t reply me multiple people has the same problem, so i dont know who is the guilty paypal security information, o facebook billing information who is charging us unauthorized payments. 

Login to Me Too

YvanDigon
Contributor
Contributor

Right today, I had a payment of 397.06 € coming from nowhere...
I haven't used Meta Ads since 2019. And I have no invoice anywhere in my Meta accounts. I see that it's a recurrent issue here.

So I'm another one here having this issue 😅

Login to Me Too

Rui_Liu_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @YvanDigon 

I was wondering if you were able to recover the funds? I've recently encountered a similar issue, where Meta deducted US$ 289.28 from my PayPal.

Looking forward to your reply.

Login to Me Too

YvanDigon
Contributor
Contributor

Update: 
Paypal refunded me the 397 €.
I started a dispute and sent a screenshot of my Meta account with all my invoices for Meta Business.

Thank you PayPal!

Login to Me Too

vanderwaa
Contributor
Contributor

It's quite staggering that this has been going on for at least a year now. Think of all the people who this happened to who don't write in this forum, and who didn't get their money back. I hope you managed to get your money back, @YvanDigon 

Login to Me Too

Spencer_exp
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue today, got charged $325 from Meta Platform Inc. I tried to call the number from the request cancellation button but it is a fake one. I already reported the problem to PayPal, but I don’t know if they responded or not. What should I do to get a refund? This is a large amount of money to me
Login to Me Too

vanderwaa
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this.
In my experience Paypal does nothing about this. I got my money back by refunding the money through my bank, and that wasn't a problem. So get in touch with your bank. And good luck!

Login to Me Too

Rui_Liu_
Contributor
Contributor

@Spencer_exp 

Hello!

I've had the exact same experience as you!

My PayPal account was also charged unexpectedly today by Meta Platforms, Inc. for an amount of USD 289.28.

I have already contacted the bank linked to my PayPal account and am actively trying to report this issue to PayPal.

Perhaps you could start by reporting this transaction as "unauthorized" in your PayPal account. Then, you might want to contact the bank linked to your PayPal to see if they can assist in retrieving the funds.

Let's keep in touch and tackle this issue together.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.