Unauthorized transaction - possible fraud?

nicolenetan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

UNAUTHORISED PORTION:

I've received $190 from "Jeremy [removed] " 4 days ago and it was then transferred to a bank account that isn't mine. This said bank account was then removed, so I've no details of it except it's last four digits.

WHAT I DID:

After which I've shared the suspicious activity with PayPal's resolution center, but it was dismissed. I then changed my password and removed my cards on file. At this point, I did not lose any money - so when the dispute was dismissed, I let it go since I had already made security enforcements on my end.

THE PROBLEM:

Today, I noticed that Jeremy [removed] has filed for a case and PayPal issued a refund of $190 to Jeremy [removed]- and now my account is -$190 in debt. I've since tried to reach out to the Resolution Center but the case is "closed" and this extremely frustrating, since I never received any money (it was unauthorizedly withdrawn to a suspicious bank account) in the first place. Has anyone faced something similar? Are there any workarounds? Is it possible that Jeremy [removed] is the perpetrator and not a victim? 

Screenshot 2024-03-16 171432.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.